Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Probably the best movie I've seen with an unbearably nauseating score. I've liked quite a bit of Lorne Balfe's stuff before but it's just too much here and it's blaring throughout the whole movie.

Idk, didn't feel that way at all about score, I thought it was really good.

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Bird is a beast. Regarding playful vibes, thought Dead Reckoning had that more than any MI flick other than Ghost Protocol. Atwell infused some wonderful fun into this one. Outstanding addition.

Wish we'd get another live action project from him soon

Edit: SLIGHT SPOILER(S) AHEAD

I like the Philip K. Dick element of this film. It's very similar to Minority Report. I think it's the most prescient and intelligent script of the new batch of films. The Rogue Nation was an internal threat to the IMF, but the Entity goes far beyond human intelligence operations. Calculating every move based on algorithms from intelligence databases. It doesn't dictate fate as much as it understands what the next move is based on countless profiles.

It was cool to see how boots on the ground CIA agents are chasing the IMF who are chasing the mad schemes of an AI based enemy. There are many layers to peel here. It didn't have as many standout action set pieces as RN and Fallout, but there's no denying it was a nonstop thrill ride (both in action and tense moments of character interaction) once it got to the Abu Dhabi airport. The only minor complaint is how Grace and Ethan's relationship comes very close to being a near 1:1 copy of Sherlock Holmes and Irene Adler.

Edited by ThePhasmid
Minor Spoilers

12 hours ago, handofjustice said:

hmmm well that makes even the most uncurious person curious y'know what I'm saying? 

Especially since his religion is tied deeply to space, now tom cruise by himself is just a 60 year old man with a firm body but just how much more can he extend himself further and how much more can he become for a space film considering that he might like going to space? 

I think that action wise mission impossible 7 has solid reception but 8 might be even better because of how nice and fine he has been about it in the promotions 

But everyone always wonders if there is a youth factor left in the film that makes its ceiling be a true ceiling instead of a fake one, that is my view point on all of these things 

R rated film is a unexpected twist in the life of tom cruise that might give him a youth factor but more thots about that afterwards I guess, all I know is that R rated film might not make him extend further but will definitely have the youth pumping him 

2d0eb6cdb8a4c77c25bb5460084ecffd.png

• Haha 2

Another day of improvements. Currently stands at 72.5% of Transformers:ROTB OD pre-sales up from 64% yesterday. Total pre-sales at $1.08M which is 63% Transformers's total pre-sales at this point up from 55% yesterday.

Opening Day predicted around $9M as of Today. This will obv still change depending on where Pre-sales go in the next 2 days.

Situation improving little by little in china, lets see how next 2 days turn out

3 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Situation improving little by little in china, lets see how next 2 days turn out

Just like everywhere else in the world. Just like anyone who has actually followed Cruise movies in the past predicted. Doom and gloom for nothing.

WHAT A FUCKING SHOWSTOPPER OF A MOVIE, even better on rewatch. Dragged my parents and my brother this time - the four of us haven't seen a movie in the theater together since... Fallout. They all loved it but of course, a mere 3 seconds after the movie ended, my mom turns to me and in all sincerity asks "do you think they'll make another one?"

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Well, given that PTA is a close friend of Cruise, and gave Cruise what many think was the best part he ever had in 'Magnolia"

Yes, it was a short part, but I think it is the best thing from am acting point of view Cruise has ever done.

30 minutes ago, Lucas said:

a mere 3 seconds after the movie ended, my mom turns to me and in all sincerity asks "do you think they'll make another one?"

I heard a middle aged woman ask the ticket checker if they were showing Part 2 today…

Edited by SnokesLegs