filmlover

91st Academy Awards - Discussion thread - RACISM IS OVER, THANKS GREEN BOOK

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

A reminder that Bradley Cooper learned how to sing and play music and performed live at Coachella and he's gonna lose to Mr. Robot doing the lip sync challenge. Fucking travesty, folks. 

Yup. Even outside of the singing, he dug damn deep in that performance and absolutely nailed it - and he did it as his own director. I know the Academy loves awarding actors for playing real people, but it's flabbergasting that he has spent the season as a mere also-ran.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Webslinger said:

Yup. Even outside of the singing, he dug damn deep in that performance and absolutely nailed it - and he did it as his own director. I know the Academy loves awarding actors for playing real people, but it's flabbergasting that he has spent the season as a mere also-ran.

It's crazy to me that he did so much for that movie and yet is gonna walk away empty handed. I would have assumed he'd have gotten best actor as some sort of prize for playing a huge role in the movie but nope. Apparently wearing big fake teeth and lip syncing is what Bradley should have done. 

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

well only 2/3 shorts. i hope you didn't throw all your other mugs away @aabattery. i picked the ONLY short that wasn't about child death but i guess that was wrongheaded of me.

I threw all my bowls out as well. Figured I could just use the mug.

Gonna have to eat soup off a plate now. Don't gamble, kids.