Eric Prime

Those Who Wish Me Dead l May 14 2021 | In Theaters and on HBO Max | Angelina Jolie stars l Taylor Sheridan directs

https://deadline.com/2019/01/angelina-jolie-taylor-sheridan-those-who-wish-me-dead-bron-studios-1202543892/

Angelina Jolie is poised to star in Those Who Wish Me Dead, a drama that Taylor Sheridan wrote and will direct late this spring.

BRON Studios and Film Rites are set to produce and Creative Wealth Media will finance the rugged thriller helmed by Sheridan, who made his directorial debut on the celebrated Wind River, and whose scripts include Hell or High Water, Sicario and the sequel Sicario: Day of the Soldado. Sheridan has adapted the script from the Michael Koryta bestselling novel.

Oscar-winner Jolie is finalizing a deal to star. Sheridan’s script is described as a hard-boiled chase thriller set against a wildfire in the Montana wilderness and uses the novel as a jumping-off point.

The plan is to shoot in May, after Sheridan completes the second season of his Kevin Costner-starrer series Yellowstone, which Sheridan exec produces, writes and directs. There is no studio yet, but this is a hot property that will land quickly.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

"hard-boiled chase thriller set against a wildfire in the Montana wilderness .... There is no studio yet, but this is a hot property that will land quickly."

As long as they pitch it as "Angelina Jolie is back in action (literally)", studios will be lining up to get distribution rights to this film.

It has been far too long since we have seen Angelina in an action-heavy thriller, and I think that audiences will respond favorably to that. 

• Thanks 1

This guy Sheridan is awesome, can't wait to see this.  Finishing up S3 of 'Yellowstone' right now and love 'Hell of High Water.'  I have to catch up with 'Wind River.'  

Edited by Macleod