PatrickvD

The Pixar Club

Can't really win in this situation. There would be rumors of a TS4 regardless of whether they announced this or not.On a side note, that 2012 portfolio is really interesting. Bunch of stuff from Wreck-It Ralph in there that hasn't been announced publically.

Oh god, I just know that cash grabbing TS4 is coming to ruin my perfect beloved trilogy. :unsure:

Plenty of us (and our kids especially) will love to see TV specials and more shorts :DAlthough I agree on not doing a 4th movie.

I see a 4th coming. From a business perspective, there's no freaking way they can say no to another almost sure 1billion dollar hit. From a creative perspective, they ended the franchise beautifully and it can be ranked with the best movie trilogies OF ALL TIME. But we all know Hollywood, Pixar included, is run through the eyes of money.. not creative visions.

I know, but this is all clearly setting and building it up for a TS4. It's obvious at this point, all that's left is the official announcement.

I'm actually happy with these announcements because it sounds like they're doing everything in their power not to make TS4.

Iger: John, Cars 2 really didn't do all that well and Brave is getting sub par reviews. We really need to start Toy Story 4 pronto, before I leave this company and run for the U.S. Senate.

Lasseter: NO WAIT, how about another short? In front of Monster's University?

Iger: Yeah that was cute but no thanks. Obviously didn't help Cars 2.

Lasseter: Okay how about TWO more shorts?

Iger: Eh.

Lasseter: THREE MORE SHORTS FOR THE LOVE OF...

Iger: Look John, I'll take you up on it but WE STILL NEED A MOVIE.

Lasseter: Okay, how about a TV special?? That's like a movie, right?

Iger: Hmmm. Maybe. I'll talk to the board and...

Lasseter: TWO TV SPECIALS?? Look Bob I'm getting killed out there on the blogosphere as it is and...

Iger: Fine fine. Do what you guys want. I'll be gone by then anyway.

• Like 1

With reviews for Brave well below the usual Pixar standards (yes, I know it is still early) and coming off of Cars 2 "disappointing" boxoffice performance, could we be in for a slump (again, based off of Pixar's high standards and b.o. success)?

** While Cars 2 was one of the lowest grossing Pixar movies, it was one of the most profitable thanks in part to the powerful merchandising arm of the Cars franchise

Slump? That's a stretch for me. Cars II was still the biggest animated movie last year. And regardless of how Brave performs, MU will be huge next year. After that, The Good Dinosaur aught to be great as well.Not much more of a slump than Rat-Wall-E back to back.

Yeah, I like the movie too, just saying that Pixar seems to be going through a phase very comparable to Disney's mid-90s timeline.

Not counting Pixar "association", they never recovered, in a way. (from my point of view)

That golden age is so past...

snif

I don't want to be in front of that situation with future Pixar.

It's funny Cars 2 is the worst reviewed Pixar film, yet Disney is relying on it to revive their California Adventure theme park.

Eh no, they're relying on the original movie. The sequel is nowhere to be seen in the actual park.

ChickenLittle & Tangled: watchedMeettheRobinsons & PrincessFrog: not watchedDisney is always praised as a multiglobal groups who respects/love/wants to touch every culture in the whole universe.Couldn't they start a project like "DiaDosLosMuertos" way before...and by themselves?