MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

38 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Look this might sound extremely low but I'm personally thinking like $19M OW / $85M DOM / $250M WW. $3.3M-ish previews, 5.5 IM, 4.5 legs, 40/60 split without China, and ~$40M China. 

I have this number in my head, 22M OW, I don't think it's missing that, somehow.

I also don't see it missing 5x legs if it does go under 20M OW, I could be wrong though, we'll see.

16 hours ago, Human said:

I think it greatly exceeds our expectations.

410M ww.

With a 205 Million budget that woule men it barely broke even...and that budget is just production, does not inculde Marketing costs which would put it in the red.

16 hours ago, Human said:

I think it greatly exceeds our expectations.

410M ww.

Not having followed the box office for a while, what are the expectation for a giant James Wan blockbuster for 410m WW to be above it ?

That more Conjuring than Aquaman for him.

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Not having followed the box office for a while, what are the expectation for a giant James Wan blockbuster for 410m WW to be above it ?

That more Conjuring than Aquaman for him.

I think its that so many CBM for both DC and Marvel have been underperforming. or out and out flopping. The GA seems tohave had it's fill of them. Thye will still turn out for  certain films..GOTG 3 for instance, but no doubt  fatgue has set in for the genre as a whole

And, frankly, I think Wan is more ineresting as a horror director then as a bid budget blockbuster director.

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Warners does seem to be spending a lot more on marketing Wonka then this movie.

IF Aqua 2 underperforms, it's opening so close to Wonka is going to be heavily criticised. It would be a self inflicted wound.

Aquaman 2 underperformance will little to do with Wonka. I don't think WB has many expectatives on Aquaman 2, that's why they won't delay the movie regardless the competition.

I think WB are just noticing Wonka could really be bigger than they expected. So, they are pushing the promotion on that movie

10 minutes ago, Kon said:

Aquaman 2 underperformance will little to do with Wonka. I don't think WB has many expectatives on Aquaman 2, that's why they won't delay the movie regardless the competition.

I think WB are just noticing Wonka could really be bigger than they expected. So, they are pushing the promotion on that movie

You release two big budget movie so c lose together, damage will be done. I don't get why people don't get this.

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Are we supposed to know who these people are? 

I think WB has lowered expectations for Aqua 2, but are not writing it off. They spent too much for that. You do not throw away a 200 Million dollar movie. 

Yes, I think Warners now probably considers Wokna to be it most likely cash cow for Christmas 2023., but they are throwing away Aqua 2. I suspect they will push it pretty big after Wonka opens.

Marketing is another reason hwy I think opening two big ticket films so closely together is not a good move. Nakes marketing tougher.