MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

20 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

Basically they need to deliver a movie as influential and defining as Iron Man. 

@MovieMan89

There is no issue. They just have to base the new movie upon this comic:

Spoiler

main-qimg-9cae33f8d19ea1dc3367fdf41b942e

Easy billion.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Unlike Aquabro 2, Superman: Legacy will have a large curiosity as the launch of a new series. Beyond that, Gunn simply has to make a high quality film. There is no other way to put it. It has to be a mid 80s or better RT score type of critical reception. 

Of course, if one wants SL to possibly truly breakout from day 1, yes a visual reinvention of sorts akin to Batman 1989 or TDK's version of The Joker might be needed to catch everyones attention. Everything about it just has to scream "Fresh and modern!".

Edited by excel1

49 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Superman Legacy will do MOS numbers if reception is on par with GOTG movies, but if it's worse it will do Flash numbers. No in between

Unrelated, but your <$1B club for The Marvels and Aquaman 2 combined will be a clear success. In fact there's a solid chance they go under half of that combined.

• Thanks 1

Fun throwback: there were legitimate over Titanic highest grossing DOM film of all time predictions from the media trades leading up to Superman Returns back in 2005 and early 06. I remember because I thought even then they were completely out of their minds, and at absolute best it MIGHT sniff Spidey 1/2 if everything went right.

I still look back and laugh about that from time to time, made even funnier by just how much of a box office non event that movie actually was. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Fun throwback: there were legitimate over Titanic highest grossing DOM film of all time predictions from the media trades leading up to Superman Returns back in 2005 and early 06. I remember because I thought even then they were completely out of their minds, and at absolute best it MIGHT sniff Spidey 1/2 if everything went right.

I still look back and laugh about that from time to time, made even funnier by just how much of a box office non event that movie actually was. 

I remember the bbc website had a news story dedicated to the costume reveal. Back then, when it was much more serious and less prone to puff pieces, that was a huge deal. 

Man, that movie really shit the bed. It really was set up to be *huge*

• Like 1