MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:
  Hide contents

It's hard for me to believe that was ever even considered, did this rumor come from a reliable source?

did this rumor come from a reliable source?

Not as far as I was able to tell. I believe it was always just extrapolation from "people walk out of Aquaman 2 test screening" but the claim is tied into a comic book story line they're very loosely adapting and

Spoiler

it really would be the perfect ending to the Snyder/DC Murder-verse. 

23 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

That seem low isn't it? Even BB got 3871

There are a couple hundred drive-ins open in summer (really!) that inflate those TC’s; Avatar 2 was only 4200, NWH 4336. But 3700 is low-ish for a big Xmas film; the fact that there are 3 WB films out right now, and this is expected to be the lowest grossing of the 3, along with a glut of smaller including foreign films might be a limiting factor

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 1:02 AM, TigerPaw said:

The first Shazam is one of the best superhero movies of all time IMO. So much heart and humour.

Wow talk about different opinions lol. Levi’s shtick is unbearable to me, and the movie’s plot beats and villain were so cliche I felt like I was watching the CW in a theater. Also kinda looked like a CW show budget tbh. C for the strong kid performances, F otherwise 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Wow talk about different opinions lol. Levi’s shtick is unbearable to me, and the movie’s plot beats and villain were so cliche I felt like I was watching the CW in a theater. Also kinda looked like a CW show budget tbh. C for the strong kid performances, F otherwise 

I did not like Shazam that much either. Aquaman 1 was also meh in my opinion. I enjoyed Wonder Woman more than any other DCEU movie for the chemistry between Gadot/Pine. Bad guy as usual was terrible there as well. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I did not like Shazam that much either. Aquaman 1 was also meh in my opinion. I enjoyed Wonder Woman more than any other DCEU movie for the chemistry between Gadot/Pine. Bad guy as usual was terrible there as well. 

The whole DCEU is C tier for me besides Wonder Woman (A) and BvS/Joss Synder’s Justice League (F). Haven’t subjected myself to Shazam 2 or Flash yet 

4 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Superman Legacy probably won't make a lot of money with all the baggage from a shitty 10 year DCEU that came before it, but given the writer/director doing it, it will likely be a much better movie than anything that came before it.  It'll be like Star Trek 09 and X-Men: First Class where they didn't exactly make a lot of money but were liked enough by audiences and critics for studios to make sequels.

...But FOX didn't even have enough confidence in FIRST CLASS's performance to not bring back the original cast and director right away for DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.  But yes, generally agree with you...unless Warner/Paramount(?) is more interested in having Kal-El meet Captain Kirk for a sequel!  😄