MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

Completely forgot about the Snyder Cut lol; that’s prolly the best of these by far. Blue Beetle’s the best from the theatrical output so far just on the basis of being the only one with a satisfying emotional core; even if the heroics blow chunks beyond some hand to hand stuff

33 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The whole DCEU is C tier for me besides Wonder Woman (A) and BvS/Joss Synder’s Justice League (F). Haven’t subjected myself to Shazam 2 or Flash yet 

I thought Flash ok but for really bad CGI. I enjoyed seeing Keaton bats being bad ass in few scenes. Not a big fan of Miller. 

I never liked any of Zack Snyder directed movies. Man of Steel gave me painful headache after non stop action. Theatrical BvS was terrible and Zack Snyder's Justice League cut was way too long and still did not redeem the movie. I think director's cut of BvS was probably the best of the lot but even that has issues. I hate his portrayal of Superman for sure. Hopefully Gunn is able to make a good Superman movie. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Brazil, Spain numbers are good. China is terrible but could have been worse... I think around $300m is likely but could go higher if it's not too frontloaded.

I wouldn't call China terrible. It's definitely better than most CBMs this year and most Hollywood releases in general.

Would be interesting though to see if Robbie would be a draw now if she reprises Harley after her newfound stardom. Though I’d greatly prefer it happens outside of an SS film.

It also might be moot if Gaga ends up being an iconic portrayal, would probably cast a shadow over anyone else portraying her 

Edited by MovieMan89

2 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I think the DCU is a bit cooked. The idea of DC is too fresh in the GA mind and I think the universe will suffer because of it. 

should have waited a decade or so before rebooting. Only a 1 year gap is not enough time 

Big mistake to sit on DCU. Interest in Superhero genre could be completely dead in 10 years. Big cracks already starting to form in 2023.

13 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I think the DCU is a bit cooked. The idea of DC is too fresh in the GA mind and I think the universe will suffer because of it. 

should have waited a decade or so before rebooting. Only a 1 year gap is not enough time 

I disagree. If people aren't going to be interested in DC in one year, they sure as hell won't be in a decade when CBMs may not even be a popular thing anymore. It's better to get the ball rolling sooner and build up goodwill before CBMs actually just die off.