FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s - CM 14.6m

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

thats subjective and i have see hundreds reaction from last thursday and the majority really like it not everyone though

Everything is subjective. Look at even the fresh reviews for this movie. Many of them read rotten but the reviewer ultimately chose to make the movie fresh. There's plenty of fainted praise of Captain Marvel on this forum. "It's good, not top tier, but good." "I'd place it in the middle." "It's strong but not great." 

Weekend should be 67-77M, pretty good.     

Also if everyone could just stop quoting certain users who obviously don’t have a clue what they’re talking about, that would be great. Basically filled 2 whole pages up with statements of no value and refutations that will help nothing.

• Thanks 4

One thing is quite clear from this Brie Larson thing: when the press tour for the sequel stars, I bet you that she will have a meeting with Marvel studios so they ensure that none of her interview responses include ANYTHING about any social group, social ills, or social issues, period.

• Like 1

I like to get a guage on how the general audience is feeling about a film by asking people at work about at.

Pretty much no excitement but also no hate.

"It's good" is what I hear.

Pretty much the state of Marvel I would say, they should really try innovating or something... suppose it's about money though huh? That's why I support a director over a studio every time.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, john2000 said:

no you dont have but to hate something and wanted to fail and call other people who really like it shills and idiots and etc its bad

It's wrong to insult anyone for his or her honest opinion. But don't get it twisted, there are shills in the media who will sometimes not truly say what they think about a movie, director, actor, or movie studio because they need access to these entities and people. 

• Knock It Off 1

20 minutes ago, IcarusReborn said:

You don't have to be an alt-right Youtuber to not like the direction Disney took Star Wars or Captain Marvel. I'm black and definitely not alt-right, and I found both movies filled with SJW nonsense. And Brie Larson has a long history of saying very off putting things. 

I agree that being black probably means you’re not likely alt-right but being a black (man) person doesn’t mean you can’t be sexist against Brie Larson, black women or women in general. Black women do call out black men on being sexist all the time.

And it isn’t like there’re either “raging feminism/ SJW” or “alt-right/ neo-Nazi/ white supremacist”. Things exist on a spectrum, not only on 2 polars. You (presumably) not being racist doesn’t mean you can’t be misogynistic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IcarusReborn said:

It's wrong to insult anyone for his or her honest opinion. But don't get it twisted, there are shills in the media who will sometimes not truly say what they think about a movie, director, actor, or movie studio because they need access to these entities and people. 

sure but to assume all of them like this people do is idiotic

• Like 1

Just now, john2000 said:

sure but to assume all of them like this people do is idiotic

It's idiotic to assume everyone or even most people in any group are a certain way. I would never suggest that most people in the media are shills. That would be stupid. 

5 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

One thing is quite clear from this Brie Larson thing: when the press tour for the sequel stars, I bet you that she will have a meeting with Marvel studios so they ensure that none of her interview responses include ANYTHING about any social group, social ills, or social issues, period.

lol, sure. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

They did not stop Evans and Ruffalo who are far more politically vocal, they are not going to stop her. And they need not stop her because she has not said anything wrong nor does it seem to be affecting the BO

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Weekend should be 67-77M, pretty good.     

Also if everyone could just stop quoting certain users who obviously don’t have a clue what they’re talking about, that would be great. Basically filled 2 whole pages up with statements of no value and refutations that will help nothing.

is 77 million even possible ? what drop that would be ?

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

They did not stop Evans and Ruffalo who are far more politically vocal, they are not going to stop her. And they need not stop her because she has not said anything wrong nor does it seem to be affecting the BO

I know she has not said anything wrong.

And I know the box office is fine.

But seeing how we unfortunately still have so many double standards when it comes to how actors and actresses are dealt with...

Plus, have Evans or Ruffalo ever said anything that could be easily twisted into "I hate such or such members of the film's potential audience"?? 

7 minutes ago, john2000 said:

is 77 million even possible ? what drop that would be ?

I think so. Charlie’s 8.8 Wed+8.2 Thurs guess would be 42.6M weekdays, 77 would be x1.81, which is high but not outrageous.      

If it happened I would expect it to be off of better weekdays though — maybe like 9.2, 8.6, 43.4M weekdays x1.77=77. I son’t think it’s likely to hold quite that strong, but that’s why it’s the top of the range.

• Thanks 1