Eric Prime

Weekend Thread (3/15-3/17): Captain Marvel 68, Wonder Park 15.8, Five Feet Apart 13.2, Dragon 9.3, Madea 7.8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

31 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

That’s honestly why I appreciate a studio like WB a lot more.Disney relies so heavily in live action adaptations,Star Wars And Marvel to make a shitload of money.

I mentioned WB because they just had Aquaman making it to the Billie and i’m Pretty sure Detective Pikatchu will get there as well.

You honestly have an argument in that recent years Disney has relied more heavily on franchises to make their money (nothing wrong with that fyi) whereas a studio like WB has a more diverse filmography the last several years. 

But you lost all points and your argument the moment you mentioned Aquaman (a CBM) and Detective Pikachu (a live action adaptation featuring the most popular character from the biggest media franchise in the world.) And for that you receive an L: 

tenor.gif

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

That’s honestly why I appreciate a studio like WB a lot more.Disney relies so heavily in live action adaptations,Star Wars And Marvel to make a shitload of money.

I mentioned WB because they just had Aquaman making it to the Billie and i’m Pretty sure Detective Pikatchu will get there as well.

Before Disney billions dollars movies in Marvel and Star Wars franchises, there was WB multi billions dollars projects with the Harry Potter, Lord of the Ring and TDK franchises.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$29.5mn Saturday by Disney. And $20.8mn Sunday.

Guess I will have to be awake another hour or two to confirm that.

Thanks a lot for your valuable contribution !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You know what sucks about Alita? that it still made enough that studios will continue to try to make more bad anime live action adaptations instead of making animated anime movies. Anime and live action do not go together at all period. Quit trying to make them a thing.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21