Eric S'ennui

Weekend Thread (3/15-3/17): Captain Marvel 68, Wonder Park 15.8, Five Feet Apart 13.2, Dragon 9.3, Madea 7.8

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Disney movies make billies like it s a formality while other studios keep dreaming of that number or have one once in a blue moon.

That’s honestly why I appreciate a studio like WB a lot more.Disney relies so heavily in live action adaptations,Star Wars And Marvel to make a shitload of money.

I mentioned WB because they just had Aquaman making it to the Billie and i’m Pretty sure Detective Pikatchu will get there as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

That’s honestly why I appreciate a studio like WB a lot more.Disney relies so heavily in live action adaptations,Star Wars And Marvel to make a shitload of money.

I mentioned WB because they just had Aquaman making it to the Billie and i’m Pretty sure Detective Pikatchu will get there as well.

So you appreciate that WB doesn’t have to rely on live action adaptations and superheroes and then say that WB had to rely on a superhero and a live action adaptation to hit the billion mark?

Edited by HouseOfTheSun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 26

8 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

So you appreciate that WB doesn’t have to rely on live action adaptations and superheroes and then say that WB had to rely on a superhero and a live action adaptation to hit the billion mark?

I could see what he means if he says Warner Bros has a more diverse set of films. 2018 had a number of different Warner Bros movies become successful

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

3 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

I could see what he means if he says Warner Bros has a more diverse set of films

Disney is and has always been arguably the most image conscious studio of all (given that they have also mastered the theme park/merchandising business) so it makes sense that their film roster isn't more diversified.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Lmao. Aquaman and Detective Pikachu are both franchise movies like Star Wars and Marvel. Gtfo with this nonsense.

Captive State should have been on Netflix where i could ignore it in favor of the other better alien invasion movies out there on Netflix. As it is, it is a bomb.

i didn't like the movie.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Disney is and has always been arguably the most image conscious studio of all (given that they have also mastered the theme park/merchandising business) so it makes sense that their film roster isn't more diversified.

It was when they had Touchstone & Miramax.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

It was when they had Touchstone & Miramax.

Weinstein leaving Miramax to start his own company in 2005 and Touchstone starting to disappear around 2006-2007 is probably the moment where they officially became protective of their image tbh.