Eric Lasagna

US WEEKEND THREAD: Record 70.25 OW (highest grossing OW for an original horror)

Streak of placing 18th is dead, but if Sunday puts it below GotG2’s 34.65the streak of 7th biggest for MCU is alive. 19.4-20.4 next weekend needed to maintain that, looks possible but it’s a narrow window. Will likely finish 7th WW and good chance DOM. 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Streak of placing 18th is dead, but if Sunday puts it below GotG2’s 34.65the streak of 7th biggest for MCU is alive. 19.4-20.4 next weekend needed to maintain that, looks possible but it’s a narrow window.

we will see ;) dont be quick civil war number can happen both ww and dom dont be quick to judje i am not saying that it will for sure but box office is unpredictable i still dont see captain marvel under 410 dom at the very least

Edited by john2000

Just now, john2000 said:

we will see ;) dont be quick

Err, exactly what will we see about? There’s no way to hit #18 off of 9.2+15.2, you’d need a 16% drop. Even if you hope actuals come in at 15.4, would need an 18% drop. It’s L-O-C-K-E-D, them’s just the facts.

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Err, exactly what will we see about? There’s no way to hit #18 off of 9.2+15.2, you’d need a 16% drop. Even if you hope actuals come in at 15.4, would need an 18% drop. It’s L-O-C-K-E-D, them’s just the facts.

wait we are probably saying different things ,i understood your comment wrong maybe 

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

wait we are probably saying different things 

Ohhh, you meant 7th DOM total. Yeah, jury’s still out on that, could very plausibly pass IM3 with some good drops in next few wknds.

Edited by Thanos Legion

8 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

25 Sat for "Us"?  That's in increase from true Friday.  Damn.   70 looking strong now.    

Meanwhile Live from Monkeypaw Productions and Blumhouse:

Image result for Jordan Peele gif

The Blumhouse logo didn’t come up, but Jason Blum was one of the producers later down the line. 

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The Blumhouse logo didn’t come up, but Jason Blum was one of the producers later down the line. 

Yeah I noticed that in the theater, it was only Jordan's logo but Jason was listed as a producer as you said.  

Edited by filmscholar

11 hours ago, The Futurist said:

A clumsy and amateurish Twilight Zone episode.

Don't try to figure out further.

I agree with you.  If this was done by someone other than Peele, I think people would think it's hokey.  There's no metaphor, there's no hidden meaning, it's just a silly horror movie that makes not a lot of sense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, a2k said:

64.75% Sat bump for CM from 9.226 Friday. 33% Sun drop gives 34.61 weekend (-49.1%), 321.1 cume.

91.5 away from Wonder Woman. GOTG2 added 88+ after a similar weekend.

question i know that this has nothing to do with captain marvel but how us is doing overseas 

13 minutes ago, john2000 said:

question i know that this has nothing to do with captain marvel but how us is doing overseas 

Well considering it just opened this weekend and none of our Asgard residents have given us overseas numbers just yet there's no way to know exactly how it is doing overseas at this point.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, a2k said:

64.75% Sat bump for CM from 9.226 Friday. 33% Sun drop gives 34.61 weekend (-49.1%), 321.1 cume.

Yep and GOTG2 was 20 million lower. I think CM will add at least 88 more after Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, a2k said:

11 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Yep and GOTG2 was 20 million lower. I think CM will add at least 88 more after Sunday. 

It’s hard to tell, GOTG2 had a 4 day holiday weekend in its fourth weekend, only dropped 20% then it had June weekdays. 

• Thanks 1