Eric Quinn

US WEEKEND THREAD: Record 70.25 OW (highest grossing OW for an original horror)

37 minutes ago, john2000 said:

question i know that this has nothing to do with captain marvel but how us is doing overseas 

23 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well considering it just opened this weekend and none of our Asgard residents have given us overseas numbers just yet there's no way to know exactly how it is doing overseas at this point.

yeah, no clue. Get Out did 79 os. Let's see how much growth US can have over it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Baumer didn't like it, and Futurist didn't like it, which means I'll probably love it...

One of those opinions has value.  The other is Futurist 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, DAR said:

One of those opinions has value.  The other is Futurist 

just because I don't like it all that much doesn't mean I don't understand why other people do. It just really wasn't quite my tempo.

• Like 2

Just now, Rthmar-vell said:

In Canada CM most likely be #1, Us #2, typical though as Horror is much stronger in USA

I’m glad you posted this cause I didn’t know that and when I was looking at presales at my theatre for US this weekend I couldn’t figure out why they were so low in comparison to the tracking thread. 

What kind of drop are they anticipating on Sunday? 70 million seems awfully low for a film that's got 54 million in two days.

• Like 1

Phenomenal hold for CM with that Saturday jump. :bravo:  After holding its own against Us breakout, it should be a smooth sail and looong legs from now on. 400M was never in doubt to me but perhaps doubters are finally going to be convinced? :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, baumer said:

just because I don't like it all that much doesn't mean I don't understand why other people do. It just really wasn't quite my tempo.

I’m actually saying your opinion has value. 

Edited by DAR
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, baumer said:

I agree with you.  If this was done by someone other than Peele, I think people would think it's hokey.  There's no metaphor, there's no hidden meaning, it's just a silly horror movie that makes not a lot of sense.

It really does feel like he took his favorite spec script for his upcoming Twilight Zone revamp and stretched it to feature length. His chops as a filmmaker - the pictures and the sounds - were impressive enough that I didn't mind. But, I fully get this view.

Curious to see how it holds going forward. Thinking a total just over/under $200M DOM.

• Like 1