sfran43

Wednesday numbers: US $5.12M | CM $2.81M

15 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

3 days and 3 sub 20% week-to-week decreases...ah, what could have been (and yes, this baby run fascinates me:)...almost could have been a baby Peter Rabbit from last year, although I guess if Dumbo comes in lower than expectations, maybe it still could be...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

3 days and 3 sub 20% week-to-week decreases...ah, what could have been (and yes, this baby run fascinates me:)...almost could have been a baby Peter Rabbit from last year, although I guess if Dumbo comes in lower than expectations, maybe it still could be...

I believe it’s just a lack of kid friendly options during spring break.  

• Like 1

^ from same article

Captain Marvel has earned another $2.798 million (-35% from last Wednesday) for a new $330.776m 20-day cume. So, yeah, for what it's worth, the film has now passed the unadjusted domestic total of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($330m in 2016). Next up is Guardians of the Galaxy ($333m in 2014), Spider-Man: Homecoming ($334m in 2017), Aquaman ($334m in 2018) and Spider-Man 3 ($336m in 2007). It'll pass those flicks by Friday or Saturday as it aims for a $20m fourth weekend and a $352m 24-day total.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

I believe it’s just a lack of kid friendly options during spring break.  

Well, that did help Peter Rabbit last year, too:)...and there actually is HTTYD3 and Lego 2 still around (plus Capt Marvel), so it may be succeeding b/c it's the only one of those kid friendly options that is actually not a sequel/spin-off:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

11 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Well, that did help Peter Rabbit last year, too:)...and there actually is HTTYD3 and Lego 2 still around (plus Capt Marvel), so it may be succeeding b/c it's the only one of those kid friendly options that is actually not a sequel/spin-off:)...

Or people have already seen the others - far more people looking at the B.O. numbers

• Like 1