CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

19 minutes ago, Noctis said:

It's about the crimes of Grindelwald.

Yeah, it's a difficult film to describe for sure. Crimes, strangely, is actually a film about Leta Lestrange. The best character who got killed in the end lol.

It's kinda about the rise of Grindelwald's influence. And also about love. Dumbledore's inability to attack Grindelwald, because of the blood pact. The impossibility of Jacob and Queenie's relationship. Newt realizing he should choose a side after Leta's death. And Leta's father's lack of love for her. Leading to her brother's death, and finally Leta's sacrifice for the Scamander brothers. And yes, Leta is thematically the most important character, even though she is supporting. I think this is the film's biggest problem.

Summing up: the rise of fascism vs. love, I guess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Which is why im not too surprised that this movie here seems to get a much better response since Steve Kloves came back to write the script. The Harry Potter main film series was as good as it was to a huge part because of Kloves managing to transform the story of the books (aka Rowlings vision) into a functional movie script. Here, he seemed to have done just exactly that again.

I just hope it's not too late to save this franchise. I would be sad to see it cancelled. Actually it is amazing how much COG earned with such a bad script. 

56 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I still find Queenie's story to be so incredibly frustrating. Like, worthy of pulling someone's hair out. The potential was HUGE but the execution was disastrous. 

Yeah. One of the main heros falling for facism is such a great idea and it was done in a very bad way. 

2 minutes ago, WeThrones said:

I am waiting for real reviews but I feel optimistic that they did really save this franchise with this movie. 

Hopefully it will perform good enough on box office so we can see the next two.

I only post reviews that are from professionals and not fans, mostly serving Rotten Tomatoes.
I hope at least one last film to conclude for the film in 1945 and this mythical fight. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WeThrones said:

I am waiting for real reviews but I feel optimistic that they did really save this franchise with this movie. 

Hopefully it will perform good enough on box office so we can see the next two.

Well a good amount of the reactions posted thus far have been from actual critics/verified RT reviewers, not just super fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

Going to do better than most think.  

Starting to feel like it. It may not open huge but I think the legs on this will be solid, has two weeks to itself then Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness comes out and even then it will keep hanging around.

And tbh I don't think Sonic 2 will be as big of a competitor as some may think. It has a lower bar to clear to be considered profitable since it only costs 110 for sure, but ultimately I see FB3 overtaking it world wide simply because it's more established in the foreign markets. 

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1