Eric Prime

Megalopolis l September 27, 2024 | Lionsgate | Francis Ford Coppola's future magnum opus l CINEMA HAS BEEN SAVED

Man, this film isn't even out for another two months and I'm already sick of all the discourse around it. I'm very glad for the extra from the video in question for coming out and clearing things up, though. 

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I’m avoiding to talk about this because honestly is all very unclear and it’s probably better to simply not say anything.

But now the actress in the video just came out apparently very mad saying there wasn’t anything wrong for her in the set and that she’s pissed that she’s being framed like this. Claimed Coppola didn’t do anything that made her uncomfortable.

I doubt the opinion of the actual person involved will gain the same traction of the accusation tho.

I would probably be more inclined and mad with the whole story if the accusations didn’t always came from specific trades. Not a single person on that set publically appeared and said anything, is always just vague reports in trades. This is the first actual person directly involved in the whole thing to came out and talk about it, and is a deny of the whole thing.

So cancel mobs crucified Coppola for nothing? Who knew...

10 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Not a single person on that set publically appeared and said anything, is always just vague reports in trades.

I don't have an opinion about what may have happened, but How many extras would have the balls to step out and publicly accuse an iconic director? That's the least surprising part about all this.

43 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I don't have an opinion about what may have happened, but How many extras would have the balls to step out and publicly accuse an iconic director? That's the least surprising part about all this.

Not them starting the whole thing, but after the trades break out the news is kinda shocking to me how not a single person said anything neither was asked about it by the press.

Variety literally released a video exposing a person without never make contact with her about it. Is not normal for trades to publish hit pieces and not ask anything for people involved.

4 hours ago, Morieris said:

She didn't need to do the accusing. She could have simply stayed quiet and let the Variety hit piece stand.

13 hours ago, emoviefan said:

WTF is going on here. You really can not believe anything anymore. Everybody has some sort of agenda for everything. 

Let's wait to what facts..underline facts...come out.

RIght now it's simply one person's word against another. Let's see what the evidence shows.

People should be cautious about taking sides right away. That is why in my post I added the caveat if the footage is as bad as it seems.

This is why I find the habit so many geeks have of making up their minds right away to be so stupid..and dangerous.

Too soon to make anykind of judgement.

3 hours ago, Veclozy said:

If only this was the only shitty thing Coppola has done lol

The term cancel mob smacks of a political agenda.

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

Coppola should sue Brent Lang, Tatiana Siegel & Variety for defamation, they didn't even bother to interview supposed "victims" in question, I wonder who's behind those hit pieces.

Here come the conspiracy theories.......

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Here come the conspiracy theories.......

If it was real journalism, they would've interviewed "victims" in the first place, but they didn't. Out of context video, "anonymous sources", no interviews with people who were supposedly harassed, it's all manipulative and quite frankly dangerous. It looks pretty much like a targeted smear campaign to me, they didn't even post it when "kissing controversy" started, they waited months to reignite it again out of blue.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Let's wait to what facts..underline facts...come out.

RIght now it's simply one person's word against another. Let's see what the evidence shows.

People should be cautious about taking sides right away. That is why in my post I added the caveat if the footage is as bad as it seems.

I don’t disagreed with the overall tone, but i don’t think is just a “one person word against another”. 

One of the persons was the actual person in the video. The other one is a nameless third party for trades.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

This is why I find the habit so many geeks have of making up their minds right away to be so stupid..and dangerous.

Too soon to make anykind of judgement.

you said he was as bad as Polanski one page ago.

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Firepower said:

If it was real journalism, they would've interviewed "victims" in the first place, but they didn't. Out of context video, "anonymous sources", no interviews with people who were supposedly harassed, it's all manipulative and quite frankly dangerous. It looks pretty much like a targeted smear campaign to me, they didn't even post it when "kissing controversy" started, they waited months to reignite it again out of blue.

And, if true, that could be just sloppy journalism and the desire for a big scoop rather then a let's get Coppola plot.

13 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

you said he was as bad as Polanski one page ago.

I also said if the evidence holds up. That was a pretty big caveat. And if it does hold up..and we don't know who is telling the trugh yet..yes, he is as bad as Polanski. Question is what will the actual evidence say.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

And, if true, that could be just sloppy journalism and the desire for a big scoop rather then a let's get Coppola plot.

I mean … doing sloppy journalism with the theme of sexual harassment is just another point to criticize. 

It’s just insane that they’re milking this stories and never once even try to have the pov of the allegedly victims in the conversation, this is not how these things should go if it’s true. It’s probably even worse if it’s true and this is how the trades treat it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I also said if the evidence holds up. That was a pretty big caveat. And if it does hold up..and we don't know who is telling the trugh yet..yes, he is as bad as Polanski. Question is what will the actual evidence say.

What evidence do you want that will be bigger than the person in the video coming out and saying she wasn’t harassed? We believe in victims only if they’re in the positions of suffering? 

I do think this is serious and messy to a point that a proper investigation should happen, and yes, caution is needed. But at least so far, with the amount of amateurish behavior from trades, the word of the “victim” on her social media is the single thing that sounds genuine for me.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I mean … doing sloppy journalism with the theme of sexual harassment is just another point to criticize. 

It’s just insane that they’re milking this stories and never once even try to have the pov of the allegedly victims in the conversation, this is not how these things should go if it’s true. It’s probably even worse if it’s true and this is how the trades treat it. 

That kind of Journalism  stinks on ice, but is not necessraly a conspiracy  to get Coppola like the poster said.