SLAM!

*Y5 Oscar Nomination Announcement!* (Remember that everything is due by Tuesday May 7th 11:59 PM)

As expected I got snubbed majorly without the ability to vote for my own stuff, haha. Though tbh I've never had a good run at the Oscars since White Hurricane back in Y1. Was hoping AmDrag 3 could sneak in some places but ah well. At least Hoult got an acting nod. :)

@4815162342 @Blankments @cookie @Ethan Hunt @Reddroast @Rorschach @Spaghetti @Xillix @YourMother the Edgelord

Thank you to those who voted, and congratulations to everyone who received nominations today!

I will post a compiled list of all the nominees as well as the link to the tally, but first, I have a few orders of business before I do so.

I want to do "Oscar Clips" for the following categories:

Best Actor

Best Actress

Best Supporting Actor

Best Supporting Actress

Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Leading Role

Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Supporting Role

Best Original Screenplay

Best Adapted Screenplay

Best Use of Action

So for the categories you have entrants in, it would be great if you could pick Oscar clips to have presented during the nomination reels in the ceremony.

Also, if you got a nomination in Best Original Song and have a specific way you want the performance to be handled, please notify me.

Furthermore (and I'll tag @Alpha, @Hiccup23, and @vault2008 to let them know about this, too):

During the Oscar ceremony, I will post any 'previews' that you write for Year 6 films. But keep in mind that there can only be one preview per person.

Lastly:

Do you have any requests for duos that can present an Oscar (or, potentially, multiple Oscars) at the same time? Please send those to me.

I think that's it. So I'm going to post the compiled list of nominees (if it hasn't already been posted), and I'll post a link to the tally, and I'll be done for the day.

Again, thank you to everyone who participated (or will participate) in this year's Oscars in some way!

• Like 4

Nomination Count (by Film)

1. The Scavenger Wars: Part II - 18*
  2. Bambi: A Life in the Woods - 12*
  3. The Epsilon Syndicate: Union of Thieves - 11
  4. 24 Hours - 9*
  5. Pillars of Eternity: Never Far from the Queen - 9
  6. A Woman in the Crowd - 8*
  7. The Rich and Famous - 6*
  8. Yin - 5
  9. Olive the Other Reindeer - 5
  10. One Punch Man - 4
  11. Sylvarius - 4
  12. Two Lonely Bounty Hunters - 4
  13. The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl - 4
  14. Crusader - 3
  15. Green Lantern Corps: Rise of the Manhunters - 3
  16. Steel Streaks - 3
  17. Medusa - 2
  18. The Three Month Funeral - 2
  19. Birds - 1
  20. Calendars - 1
  21. Dolphins - 1
  22. Fantasia: The Next Dimension - 1
  23. Life of Galileo - 1
  24. O, Maestro! - 1

Nomination Count (By User)

1. @4815162342 - 25
  2. @Spaghetti - 21
  3. @cookie - 18
  4. @Rorschach - 17
  5. @Blankments- 16
  6. @YourMother the Edgelord - 11
  7. @Slambros - 6
  8. @Xillix - 3
  • Like 2

A few interesting factoids:

• The Scavenger Wars: Part II led with 18 nominations, the same amount as its predecessor. 
  • This is the FIRST year in 3.0 where Best Picture and Best Director had a 5/5 match.
  • Two films (Life of Galileo and O, Maestro!) were nominated for Costume Design and nothing else.
  • Every film nominated in an acting or screenplay category had at least one other nomination.
  • Letitia Wright and Sophia Lillis join the likes of Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslet, Dacre Montgomery, and Sasha Lane as actors who have gotten nominated for an Oscar multiple times for playing the same character.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Assuming Spark 4 is as good as @Spaghetti is hyping, the Homecoming nod count is likely in danger.

And if it actually is THAT good, well, this will be all of the other Oscar nominees of Y6 Award Night, waiting for their doom

Reveal hidden contents

He would actually need a huge quantity of actor noms if he's going to beat Odyssey 3's record...

• Like 1

Just now, cookie said:

He would actually need a huge quantity of actor noms if he's going to beat Odyssey 3's record...

Spoiler

Odysseus had multiple nominations in Supporting Actor and Actress, but I will be able to compensate with some voice actors at my disposal.

I will say for now....there's at least one person I may be able to push in every category.

5 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

He has voice acting categories he can compete in which Odyssey 3 had nothing in

If they end up as highly competitive as this year that's going to be a high bar to clear.

Edited by cookie