charlie Jatinder

Wednesday Numbers (04/24) - Open for Surprise.

Why is anyone cheering that CM is making additional moolah because of Endgame?

It's not a great movie and CM could be the worst protagonist in the MCU. 

Probably only beats Quicksilver who lasted for a few minutes. 

If only it was an IW re-release. 

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 17

14 minutes ago, pepsa said:

So this means 1.02 for shazam, 30% drop tomorrow for $0.71m

F  1.63m (130% rise)

S  2.61m (60% rise)

S  1.82m (30% drop)

WE: $6.06m  a 63.2%

While the film will likely break even and bag a small profit, I genuinely hope WB reconsiders release dates going forward.

a movie with so much potential, sandwiched by two super-hyped films of the same genre.

Edited by TigerPaw

4 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

While the film will likely break even and bag a small profit, I genuinely hope WB reconsiders release dates going forward.

a movie with so much potential, sandwiched by two super-hyped films of the same genre.

well maybe they think it would target different audience,but in the end it is still a SH movie no more no less

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Yeah it really did seem so odd. I mean CM was fine (but it surely did lessen the dammand for Shazam) + people saving there money for EG. I mean if it was aladin on EG release data Shazam date would have been fine (and probably ended with 180m DOM) bigger OW and better legs but I mean they bassicly singed for the movie to only have 3 weeks because after EG they knew it would be guttered.

And if they had a release date with no SH movie around it it's wom might have gotten it to $205m DOM and OS could have been 20% - 30% bigger aswell. 

1 hour ago, BK007 said:

33d.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BK007 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is kind of an unusual box-office phenomenon, and I thought this was a box-office forum.  Aren't we supposed to like things like that?

Also, contrary to your opinion, many people liked the movie, so...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, BK007 said:

FYI, US audience gave CM an A and Chinese audience gave it 8.7. Hate this movie as much as you want but you are not with the majority opinions.

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

Release date is not the reason it did bad, especially in China.

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

Just wait, with X-men, F4 and all the normal properties Disney's going to start quarterly releases to drown out the competition. Once the competition is nice and dead they'll go back to 3 releases a year to keep things going longer.