sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

You thought that Endgame would have a 3.4 multiplier off of a 357.1mil opening? That was never ever going to happen in a million years. 

Come on, it was a perfectly reasonable expectation to think Endgame would make 1.2 billion domestic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Ugh, thought the Endgame legs would be better than what they were. Not going to stabilize like I thought. Legs are quite shitty for an A+ cinemascore movie. 😑 

Especially when you consider this film really doesn't have any competition like IW. Little surprised at how poorly is holding.

Edited by Curtis1986
  • Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Come on, it was a perfectly reasonable expectation to think Endgame would make 1.2 billion domestic

Outgrossing Titanic adjusted always seemed like a sane prediction, i totally agree.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Curtis1986 said:

Especially when you consider this film really doesn't have any competition like IW

58M opener this weekend.  50M opener minimum next weekend.  Aladdin the week after.  Godzilla/Rocketman the week after.  Secret Life of Pets/Dark Phoenix the week after etc. there's literally a new big film every week except for the week after Endgame opened.  Infinity War didn't have any competition until week 4 of release.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I mean it opened to $357M OW, and was quite a massive event especially fans of the MCU. I’m not sure how we can call legs for something that opened that big shitty.

Cmon man, that’s not what I freaking said. Nobody expected it to have 3.4 multiplier. Way to jump to a wild conclusion. I believed it’d have better legs than CW and Ultron. Nothing wrong with being ‘disappointed’ with its legs. 

I never once said 850 mil domestic wasn’t a ‘bad number.’ I’ve been one of the few people who has been defending this movie all week from ‘concern trolling.’

Legs are just not good. No defending it.

Edit: My response was to Zakk also.

Edited by KJsooner
  • Like 3

https://deadline.com/2019/05/pokemon-detective-pikachu-avengers-endgame-box-office-weekend-1202611690/

Endgame - 61.7M

Pikachu - 57.4M

Pikachu won last night $20.7M (including previews) to Endgame‘s $16.2M. He landed an A- CinemaScore, which is great. He received 4 stars from general audiences and parents and 4 1/2 from kids under 12 in ComScore/Screen Engine PostTrak exits. Those who bought tickets were 56% male and 61% under 25 with 32% under 17 years old. Diversity demos were 48% Caucasian, 24% Hispanic, 18% Asian/Other, & 10% African American. Pikachu played best in the West & Mid-West but was quite strong everywhere.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Minnale101 said:

STX can’t catch a break. Back to back bombs 

Three in a row if you extend it to The Best of Enemies. They're lucky The Upside was a surprise hit earlier this year, and even that wasn't officially theirs being a Weinstein leftover.

Pikachu won last night $20.7M (including previews) to Endgame‘s $16.2M. He landed an A- CinemaScore, which is great. He received 4 stars from general audiences and parents and 4 1/2 from kids under 12 in ComScore/Screen Engine PostTrak exits. Those who bought tickets were 56% male and 61% under 25 with 32% under 17 years old. Diversity demos were 48% Caucasian, 24% Hispanic, 18% Asian/Other, & 10% African American. Pikachu played best in the West & Mid-West but was quite strong everywhere.

• Like 1

Yea I don't think being disappointed in End Game's legs means that you're disappointed in its overall gross. Not gonna front, it seems (Saturday and Sunday aren't in yet) I over predicted its third weekend. But maybe just like with Pikachu and me giving it high expectations, I did the same with End Game. It's still an incredible result what its been doing. Unfortunately, I don't see it recovering in terms of late legs just because of new releases coming up. It was able to command screens this weekend over the openers, but I can't imagine that will be the case starting next week with John Wick getting raves and doing amazing in presales. It should have a soft drop on MDW though and then after that, I'm not sure how it'll play out. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Cmon man, that’s not what I freaking said. Nobody expected it to have 3.4 multiplier. Way to jump to a wild conclusion. I believed it’d have better legs than CW and Ultron. Nothing wrong with being ‘disappointed’ with its legs. 

I never once said 850 mil domestic wasn’t a ‘bad number.’ I’ve been one of the few people who has been defending this movie all week from ‘concern trolling.’

Legs are just not good. No defending it.

I agree that it's not hyperbole to simply comment on the legs so far. Nobody is calling the total a disappointment or anything silly like that. 

• Like 1