sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

The Avengers movies have reached that late game harry potter movies thing where people feel like they "have to" go in the 1st weekend or etc... to not be spoiled. 

I think the harry potter movies had this thing to a much greater degree cause most people thought they would not see anymore harry potter movies.

People still expect more avengers movies just not with these avengers. 

DP is not the Solo of this year. It's a videogame movie that we all massively over predicted but it's still a videogame movie. Plenty of those outright flop. Star Wars had never had a flop until Solo. Also DP didn't cost 250-300mil.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, tawasal said:

Is she on something? WTF!

I just watched this whole video and dont see anything wrong with her laughing. Thanks for wasting 2 minutes of my life.:apocalypse:

5 minutes ago, youcantseemyname said:

That reminds me of how this was such a weird choice for a video game adaptation. An old-ass arcane game that no one really cared about.

Movie wasn’t bad tbh. I liked it but yeah there are other video game movies the rock could have done 

I think he also did Doom before 

Such a bummer how Disney, who only makes one type of film, is taking over the box office and people are cheering that on as if it is a good thing. Both are evil corporations but I like that WB has variety. It sucks seeing them have a so-so to bad in the case of The Lego Movie, time this year so far. 

• Like 8
  • Knock It Off 1

Warner Bros will be fine 

espically in later part of year with smaller budget movies like IT and joker 

just get the DCU on track, they could always reboot Harry Potter and make billions, 

monster verse 

their horror movie are low budget and high grossing 

family friendly movies like Pokémon, Tom and jerry, space jam and scooby doo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

My deal is that IW broke the ow record and couldn’t even reach 700 million after that in the U.S, it is all relevant. The rest of your post, whatever....

Because it had this thing called "competition" that prevented it from hitting 700. It was also the 19th fucking film in a franchise, so.... why were you expecting it to have 3x legs, again?

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Such a bummer how Disney, who only makes one type of film, is taking over the box office and people are cheering that on as if it is a good thing. Both are evil corporations but I like that WB has variety. It sucks seeing them have a so-so to bad in the case of The Lego Movie, time this year so far. 

Family fare is something they’ve always struggled with film wise which is odd considering their rich history of animation with the Looney Tunes and the ownership of Hanna Barbera and Tom and Jerry. 

Detective Pikachu's opening is fine, even if it went below my expectations also (I predicted $73M). Those crazy pills $100M+ predictions were never gonna happen.

The Hustle getting a B- CS grade is terrible news for a mainstream comedy.

• Like 1