sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

29 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I just watched this whole video and dont see anything wrong with her laughing. Thanks for wasting 2 minutes of my life.:apocalypse:

That went on for a full hour 😳 

and doesn’t include her stories 

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

No, its Warcraft at 433M Worldwide.

Agreed. Not sure it was even profitable but it made more nominally in revenue. Rampage at least made a tiny profit imo

Edited by cdsacken

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Detective Pikachu's opening is fine, even if it went below my expectations also (I predicted $73M). Those crazy pills $100M+ predictions were never gonna happen.

The Hustle getting a B- CS grade is terrible news for a mainstream comedy.

I don’t think it’s “terrible news”. Not great but not terrible. 

Other Mother’s Day openers: Life of the Party and Snatched got a B. Hot Pursuit got a C+, also opened with $13.9m and ended with $35m.

That doesn’t seem too bad of a result considering the reviews and distributor.  

C'mon Disney 💪

Everyone can hate you but it all doesn't matter when you keep churning all those successful installment and bringing them to break the billies. 

💸💸💸💸💸

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Claudio said:

C'mon Disney 💪

Everyone can hate you but it all doesn't matter when you keep churning all those successful installment and bringing them to break the billies. 

💸💸💸💸💸

C'mon big, faceless multi-billion conglomerate 💪💪

You can do it, I believe in you!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Such a bummer how Disney, who only makes one type of film, is taking over the box office and people are cheering that on as if it is a good thing. Both are evil corporations but I like that WB has variety. It sucks seeing them have a so-so to bad in the case of The Lego Movie, time this year so far. 

I don’t get how anyone can root for a studio, especially the one that is about to monopolize the game. I get you like the movies but I don’t get the loyalty and rooting for other studios to die. I mean I like the majority of Disney’s films barring the live action remakes but their company is straight evil. (INB4 the Disney stans tell me there’s other worse companies and I’m just hating on Disney).

7 minutes ago, Claudio said:

C'mon Disney 💪

💸💸💸💸💸

4 hours ago, AJG said:

Yep. To use Cinemascore you have to understand Cinemascore. Even a B+ could be considered a disaster.

An A- Isn’t great.

Such a strange metric too. Different genres play so much differently in regards to what's a good CS. Especially horror.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

C'mon big, faceless multi-billion conglomerate 💪💪

You can do it, I believe in you!

Disney is the underdog here, creating great indie dramas like Avengers: Endgame and Aladdin.  Truly what's saving cinema in a world that's surrounded by A24, Neon and IFC dominating the market

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Disney is the underdog here, creating great indie dramas like Avengers: Endgame and Aladdin.  Truly what's saving cinema in a world that's surrounded by A24, Neon and IFC dominating the market

Aladdin looks epic!!!

• Thanks 1