Cedarpoint1111

THE HUNTSMAN WINTER'S WAR | April 22, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 42!

Like many others, I am still confused in regards to what this is supposed to be...prequel, sequel, sidequel, or what? Also, I am still not sold on Blunt's quasi-Elsa character design. I wish they had given her a more distinctive look, especially in light of Frozen's mega-success. As for Chastain, still can't see her as this supposedly hardass warrior.

• Like 1

Been hearing reports that Chastian is actually in this film because she's contractually obligated by Universal after starring in Crimson Peak. As for Blunt, I have no idea. Maybe watching Frozen before birth had something to do with it.

As for the trailer, yeah, it looks cheesy and not in a good way. 

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Been hearing reports that Chastian is actually in this film because she's contractually obligated by Universal after starring in Crimson Peak. As for Blunt, I have no idea. Maybe watching Frozen before birth had something to do with it.

As for the trailer, yeah, it looks cheesy and not in a good way. 

I thought those sorts of contracts don't exist anymore, I could understand Hemsworth and Theron as they starred in the first film but not Chastain

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I thought those sorts of contracts don't exist anymore, I could understand Hemsworth and Theron as they starred in the first film but not Chastain

I dunna. Actors are still potentially olbligated to appear in an extra one or two films when they sign up for a franchise. 

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

Just now, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I dunna. Actors are still potentially olbligated to appear in an extra one or two films when they sign up for a franchise. That's partly why Gal Gadot is going to be in a few upcoming WB films (Triple Nine for example). 

Triple Nine is Open Road I believe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Triple Nine is Open Road I believe. 

Whoops. Got my companies mixed up. My bad! I do believe actors can still obligated by a company to appear in at least one of their films. Although I can't think of any examples right now. 

7 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Like many others, I am still confused in regards to what this is supposed to be...prequel, sequel, sidequel, or what? Also, I am still not sold on Blunt's quasi-Elsa character design. I wish they had given her a more distinctive look, especially in light of Frozen's mega-success. As for Chastain, still can't see her as this supposedly hardass warrior.

Blunt's character is a White Witch/Elsa mix. When she rides that bear it's almost exactly looks like Narnia 1's battle scene.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Theron and Hemsworth are getting 10M each to do this. It is absurd to even discuss why they are making it. That is a huge paycheck. 

No idea about Chastain or Blunt, tho. 

Especially when you consider the first film wasn't that big a hit, the first film cost $170m, here hoping Universal haven't upped The Huntsman to $200m or it's going to a writeoff 

Just now, Jonwo said:

Especially when you consider the first film wasn't that big a hit, the first film cost $170m, here hoping Universal haven't upped The Huntsman to $200m or it's going to a writeoff 

Seems like it costed something like 100-120M. Marketing will be all around Theron... again. 

45 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

It's both a prequel and a sequel. 

• Like 1