Cedarpoint1111

THE HUNTSMAN WINTER'S WAR | April 22, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 42!

15 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

It's really not. It's more fun but for the wrong reasons. It's probably the worst of all of those. 

Disagree. What do you find better in terrible Alice CGI mess? Story perhaps? And I really hate Maleficent with a passion, ruined my childhood and one of my favourite animated movies...

The Huntsman, on the other hand, is one campy & fun fantasy movie, nothing more-nothing less...And it's not trying to be something more like SWATH.

Edited by jstevan
correction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jstevan said:

Critics Consensus on RT:

The Huntsman: Winter's War is visually arresting -- and arguably an improvement over its predecessor -- but neither are enough to recommend this entirely unnecessary sequel. 

Hey, that's not nearly as bad as I thought the consensus would be. I'll definitely be watching it on blu-ray or Netflix.

39 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Hey, that's not nearly as bad as I thought the consensus would be. I'll definitely be watching it on blu-ray or Netflix.

Yeah but it doesn't make any sense, it's better than SWATH yet SWATH has 48% and this only 17%

Edited by jstevan
correction

10 hours ago, jstevan said:

Disagree. What do you find better in terrible Alice CGI mess? Story perhaps? And I really hate Maleficent with a passion, ruined my childhood and one of my favourite animated movies...

The Huntsman, on the other hand, is one campy & fun fantasy movie, nothing more-nothing less...And it's not trying to be something more like SWATH.

Alice has a better score, costumes and has a good arc for the main character. HBC does camp better than any of these ladies here who can overact for sure but it's never fun to watch. The 'real world' book-ends in Alice are quite good.

Maleficent is much better looking, has a strong lead performance (regardless of the awful writing for her character) and again has a better score.

What Huntsman has over those movies is that it gets so bad that it can be quite entertaining.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Alice has a better score, costumes and has a good arc for the main character. HBC does camp better than any of these ladies here who can overact for sure but it's never fun to watch. The 'real world' book-ends in Alice are quite good.

Maleficent is much better looking, has a strong lead performance (regardless of the awful writing for her character) and again has a better score.

What Huntsman has over those movies is that it gets so bad that it can be quite entertaining.

I detest hamming of HBC.

44 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Well I thought HBC and Weisz were both a lot of fun in their roles while Theron is utterly joyless and boring in these two films.

Weisz is great, I agree...Theron is wasted in dullness of the first one, but in this is very effective and looks she's having a lot of fun.