Cedarpoint1111

THE HUNTSMAN WINTER'S WAR | April 22, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 42!

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

It is ridiculous how noticeable it is. I am sure angeldelmito will enjoy that a lot. 

I almost posted the gif from Vacation but decided not to so we could keep things SFW. ;) angeldelmito of course would approve of any bulge shots.

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I felt robbed tbh. I couldn't believe she was just in 5 minutes at the beginning and 10 minutes at the end. She is by far the main focal point of every marketing material. Every scene she is in and every line she says are in the trailer. It is beyond absurd tbh. 

I told you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I told you.

I like everything. EVERYTHING. And I didn't liked this. The only thing I liked were the final 10 minutes tbh.

The first one is so much better. It has grand scale battles, stunning special effects and Charlize in the whole movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I like everything. EVERYTHING. And I didn't liked this. The only thing I liked were the final 10 minutes tbh.

The first one is so much better. It has grand scale battles, stunning special effects and Charlize in the whole movie.

is the score good?

51 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

To be honest Renner and Scarjo probably have the best careers as far as quality roles outside of Marvel. Although it seems RDJ and Evans don't do much by choice. 

Chris Pratt? Mark Ruffalo? Tom Hiddleston? 

well they have better careers now than Ben Kingsley and Anthony Hopkins :ohmyzod:

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Yep, we re both easy to please but this was just cheap as hell.

Like the Myazaki scene in the first movie was beautiful, here it s just  animals wandering near the actors ...

I still enjoyed BvS visuals & action at least.

This movie has very little to offer, even the ham scenes between the actresses weren't hammy and funny enough.

It s going to bomb spectacularly.

Hope The German can save us tomorrow.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is ridiculous how noticeable it is. I am sure angeldelmito will enjoy that a lot. 

i watched the movie and i find him to be the hottest man on the planet and I didn't notice it

3 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Chris Pratt? Mark Ruffalo? Tom Hiddleston? 

well they have better careers now than Ben Kingsley and Anthony Hopkins :ohmyzod:

Ruffalo too. Hiddleston has done surprisingly little. I forgot about Pratt. Don't really think of him yet as one of them. 

7 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Ruffalo too. Hiddleston has done surprisingly little. I forgot about Pratt. Don't really think of him yet as one of them. 

What do you mean by Hiddleston has done surprisingly little?

He's just brought a TV series to huge success, he's just done Crimson Peak and High Rise, he is starring in the new King Kong movie, he did Coriolanus very successfully last year... he is having a very diverse career in terms of format and style. Independent films and blockbusters, TV shows and theatre.

Ruffalo has had two consecutive Oscar nominations in the past two years too, btw, and he only joined the MCU a few years ago, so not sure why you are suggesting he doesn't have much going for him.

Edited by Treetrunk Special
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Yep, we re both easy to please but this was just cheap as hell.

Like the Myazaki scene in the first movie was beautiful, here it s just  animals wandering near the actors ...

I still enjoyed BvS visuals & action at least.

This movie has very little to offer, even the ham scenes between the actresses weren't hammy and funny enough.

It s going to bomb spectacularly.

Hope The German can save us tomorrow.

The German will bring peace to my heart. I need it because everytime I think about The Huntsman I get more disappointed. 

18 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

is the score good?

It is the normal type of score for these movies.

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

It's not about the screentime itself. It's about how Charlize has been a gigantic focal point in the marketing when in truth

Hide contents

she's in for a small fraction of the movie, almost all of it at the very end.

It's misleading, which is what people here have hit on.

Yes but in crucial parts. Personally I watched this movie only for Charlize so naturally I would be pretty disappointed but I wasn't. Thought that she has a perfect timing in this and her acting was better than in the first one.

The three trailers have more scenes of Charlize than there are in the movie itself (I have just re-watched them).

Again, I just can't express how disappointed I was. I was hyped because of Charlize and she is in it for 5 minutes at the beginning and 10 minutes at the end.

38 minutes ago, CJohn said:

She's not in the whole SWATH...Remembered that when it came out people was also disappointed she wasn't more in the movie.

A O Scott's review is a brutal indictment of the studio franchise system.

Is “The Huntsman: Winter’s War” the worst movie of the year? It’s too early to say, of course, and it’s a complicated question, since there are so many varieties of bad movie. There are grandiose failures driven by overreaching ambition. There are spectacles of stupefying incompetence. Dumb ideas and baffling choices are never in short supply. Nor are follies and blunders and train wrecks.

The conventional wisdom holds that none of these disasters happen on purpose, that nobody ever sets out to make a bad movie. “The Huntsman” challenges that idea, since it seems to be exactly the movie that the money behind it wanted to see made. Its badness is not extreme, but exemplary: It’s everything wrong with Hollywood today stuffed into a little less than two hours.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/22/movies/review-the-huntsman-a-study-in-hollywoods-overstuffed-playbook.html?smid=tw-nytimesarts&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Edited by TLK