Cedarpoint1111

THE HUNTSMAN WINTER'S WAR | April 22, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 42!

49 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Based on the opening weekend estimates, I'm revising my total domestic gross estimate to $60.9 million. Considering my initial pre-release estimate was $69.1 million, I'm sure it will keep going down as time goes on.

45/55m Dom, 170/190m WW  final BO is more likely.

1 hour ago, Sean B said:

I just finished watching a showing of The Huntsman Winter's War in an AMC theater a little while ago. I enjoyed every part of it and It's a big improvement over the first movie.  It's not a slow paced movie that makes your mind wonder with scenes that would be worth being deleted. Which the first movie had that problem whereas this movie doesn't have that problem. The cast were perfect fits for the roles they played in the movie, especially the newest editions to the cast such as Emily Blunt and Jessica Chastain. I was impressed with the CGI more then I thought I would be considering that, the CGI looked somewhat unfinished in the earliest trailers released for this movie and better in the most recent trailers.

5/5

Finally someone who liked it beside me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Final scene looked like a bad tv series finale.

Final scene was amazingly done, what's with all the haters here? You'd hate Gone with the Wind if it was out now, get a grip!

Seriously, what's with people on this board? In every other place I checked there are different comments about this movie, someone liked it, someone hated it but when I come here it's so much negativity and hate after hate after hate, geeez! What do you people do in life, are you in movie industry or you just eat your junkfood and hate everything that's on silverscreen?

Cheap costumes? Every critic review I read they praise the costumes even if everything else is bad the costumes are being PRAISED!

Cheap CGI? I would like some expert to explain what exactly is being cheap and how would they did magical powers in movie, cmon let's read some constructive criticism.

Charlize is 15minutes in it oh nooo what a catastrophe!!! And when I said that villains don't usually get that much screentime everyone ignored.

Edited by jstevan
correction
  • Like 1

@jstevan people are entitled to their opinions bro. If they didn't like the movie they didn't like it. Don't become like one of those DC fanboys who starts complaining that some people didn't like "their movie" or that it's "all on purpose" or some garbage.

Anyways, I'm also entitled to my opinion, and the movie has actually grown on me in the past 48 hours. Not a great movie, but was quite enjoyable. The final 30 minutes were what saved it for me.

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

@jstevan people are entitled to their opinions bro. If they didn't like the movie they didn't like it. Don't become like one of those DC fanboys who starts complaining that some people didn't like "their movie" or that it's "all on purpose" or some garbage.

Anyways, I'm also entitled to my opinion, and the movie has actually grown on me in the past 48 hours. Not a great movie, but was quite enjoyable. The final 30 minutes were what saved it for me.

Of course they're entitled but all I read here is pure hate and not argumentative criticism.

2 hours ago, Sean B said:

Wait, We're the only ones on this forum thread liked this movie after seeing it? Is that what you're saying?

Apparently.

10 minutes ago, jstevan said:

Of course they're entitled but all I read here is pure hate and not argumentative criticism.

Apparently.

Like I said, after some thought, I also enjoyed the movie :) 

I could provide with some argumentative criticism though. The world in which the movie takes place is there, but the film does so frustratingly little with trying to expand or use it really to its potential. It feels like a somewhat contained movie where the stakes are poorly represented. Furthermore, the second act of the movie goes nowhere interesting. It really is just a bridge between, well, the beginning and the end, with no real hook to itself. I could go on, but I don't want to sound like I hate a movie that I would give a (very slightly) fresh review to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jstevan said:

Apparently.

Oh, I see. I don't get what all the hate it towards this movie. It is a very good movie and I liked it a lot. In fact, I might go to see in theaters again sometime before its theatrical run in theaters is over.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sean B said:

Oh, I see. I don't get what all the hate it towards this movie. It is a very good movie and I liked it a lot. In fact, I might go to see in theaters again sometime before its theatrical run in theaters is over.

Yes, so much hate here that I even wonder if you're sarcastic or not :lol: Kidding, glad you liked it!

• Like 1