34 people

Trailers

What To Expect When You're Expectin

Titanic 3D

Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn

The Host

Dark Shadows

Amazing Spider Man

Good movie, good adaption. Good acting as well. A fun movie.

7/10

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

College Square Theater

Cedar Falls, IA

The Hunger Games

2:00 PM showing

34 people

Trailers

What To Expect When You're Expectin

Titanic 3D

Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn

The Host

Dark Shadows

Amazing Spider Man

Good movie, good adaption. Good acting as well. A fun movie.

7/10

Only 34 people at a college theater?

The Hunger Games

Carmike Cinemas

Jackson, MI

12:02am showing

80% full; I think it was approximately a 200 seater (the 12:01 showing was sold out, I believe)

Trailers:

What To Expect When You're Expecting (some laughs)

Titanic 3D

The Amazing Spider Man (this looked sweet on the big screen)

The Avengers

Snow White and the Huntsman

House at the End of the Street

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn II (like three girls cheered at the beginning. I did not.)

The movie was fantastic. Everyone loved it. There was a random 60+ year old guy sitting alone in my row; I believe even he liked the movie. I saw several groups of adults (including men) mixed in with us teens. The fact that dozens of adults showed up for a midnight shows the widespread demographic of this movie.

Edited by American Eagle

I put this in the weekend thread, but I must be really the wrong audience for THG. I have heard very little about it outside the net. On FB outside of my friends from this site, I've only read a few comments about it from some ladies. (I've seen tons of comments about seeing John Carter, as well as wanting to see Avengers and TDKR. Heck I've seen quite a few for Titanic 3D!) Maybe its age. I don't know.

Hey a crowd report other than The Hunger Games!Cinemark 12 Theater Ames, IA(college town)21 Jump Street7:00 pm showApproximately 60 people in a 200 person theater.(Mostly teens and young adults)Trailers:That's My Boy: Some laughs, looks like a pretty good film.Men in Black III: Looks like a typical summer action flick, with aliens, decent crowd reactionDark Shadows: Ugh. Haven't we seen this before from Johnny Depp. Not much reaction.American Reunion: Never saw any of the American Pie movies, but it looks really good. Had the best reaction of all previews until...The Dictator: Best reaction by far from the crowd. I think it looks stupid myself, but then again aren't all of Sacha Baron Cohen's films dumb anyway.Another one that I don't remember right now.Movie:(Note: I was going to see The Hunger Games, but at the time, there were sellouts until 9 p.m. and I didn't want to wait three hours for a movie even if it was The Hunger Games so I went to 21 Jump Street.) However I am glad that I did. I didn't see the original 21 Jump Street, but all I can say is this edition made me glad that I didn't wait to see The Hunger Games. I think that Jonah Hill is currently up there as one of the best actors out there. He can do pretty much any movie. Also thought that Channing Tatum did a solid job. The story is ridiculously easy to follow, but that is a good thing. The crowd's reaction was positive afterward. 9.3/10 A-

• Like 1

THE HUNGER GAMES

SM North Edsa (40% Full) | Quezon City | The Philippines

Trailers:

WRATH OF THE TITANS | chatter

AMERICAN PIE: THE REUNION | some laughs

BATTLESHIP | chatter

SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN | chatter

MADAGASCAR: EUROPE'S MOST WANTED | silence

ICE AGE: THE CONTINENTAL DRIFT | got the best reaction

Posted Image

Though it suffers sometimes from an episodic kind of editing,

the film succeeds in delivering a thrilling, well-paced and well-acted adaptation.

08.25 | 10.00

Okay...its just that I really have not heard that much about it outside the web.(For March films-I've seen tons of spots for John Carter and Titans. Quite a bit for Lorax-heck even some for Mirror Mirror which I wish could of been the biggest flop.)

The Hunger Games IMAX

Regal Parkway Stadium 18

San Diego, CA

March 23rd, 7:50PM

250-300 seat - SOLD OUT

$16:25

Trailers:

[*]Breaking Dawn Part 2 - Lame teaser, great reaction. Audience clapped and at the end there was a lot of chatter

[*]The Amazing Spider-man - A LOT of talking through out the whole trailer. Very positive comments I heard.

[*]Prometheus - they showed the old trailer for some reason. Couple girls behind me were terrified of this trailer, they kept saying "is it over?" Lots of chatter from the crowd

[*]The Avengers - Best reaction. Audience clapped and cheered at the end. Lots of talking. The same chicks who were scared of Prometheus, said they are dying to see this.

[*]Titanic 3D - Audience instantly shut up. I got goosebumps, I remember why this is one of my favorite movies. Talking at the end. Girls behind me said they got chills.

[*]Dark Shadows - Forgot to add this 1 in, probably because it got a terrible reaction.

Film:

Okay first of all. This was a very diverse crowd. Middle schoolers to grandparents. This crowd was very evenly split between men and women. I saw groups of men, groups of women, families, college students, everything.

The movie was fantastic. Best movie since DH2 imo. Everyone in the audience really enjoyed it. For once, I didn't have anyone around me that was talking or kicking my chair or anything. This is very good because everyone was too busy enjoying the movie to talk, text or any of the other crap I usually have to endure.

The one thing I did not like was the shaky camera. I know a lot of people have been complaining about this, but I didn't hear anything about it from my audience. There was nothing but praise and people talking about seeing it again.

On the way out, there were 2 lines that both had well over 100 people in them waiting to get into their showing. Looks like every showing sold out at my theater.

Overall, the whole experience was fantastic. The audience was completely into the movie.

9/10

Edited by CEDAR
  • Like 1

The Hunger Games: The IMAX Experience

Crawley Cineworld 15, UK

3/23/2011 13:20

80/550

FREE! New till system meant they couldn't do surcharges when we bough our tickets

Trailers

The Dark Knight Rises: fair amount of chatter, looks amazing on a Liemax screen.

MIB3: Not a lot of anything really. My two friends think it looks crap.

The Dark Knight Rises: Cock up much?

Movie

Well, it's not without it's problems as a fan of the books, mainly surrounding time spent with some characters lessening some impact. But barring a couple of minor niggles, it was absolutely superb.

Lawrence is astoundingly good as Katniss, anchoring the film brilliantly, and the support cast is brilliant as well. Woody Harrelson is exactly as I imagined Haymitch in the book, perfect casting there. Banks, Kravitz, Sutherland, Tucci and Bentley were all fantastic in their respective roles. Now, Hemsworth and more importantly Hutcherson. Considering that you barely saw Gale in the film he did a good job at establishing his relationship to Katniss, his beliefs and motives. I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles the character in Catching Fire. Hutcherson then. Well, he was weaker than those around him in the Capitol, the supporting cast was too good for that, but in the games I thought he came in to his own. Not the best performance ever, but he did a good job in the role. To be honest, not enough time was spent with other tributes to really say anything about their performances, apart from Ludwig seeming rather generic up until the finale, and the girl that played Rue was just how she needed to be, but there wasn't enough of her

The film definitely had two distinct parts to it, two different films in one almost. The build up, and the games. Both of which have their own strengths and weaknesses that compliment each other really nicely. I loved that I still wasn't quite sure what to expect with the games thanks to the trailers not giving much away.

I definitely can't wait to see this again tonight, it gripped me from the get go more than a lot of films in recent memory. It's exciting, well acted and has given me a damn high benchmark for the rest of the year to hit.

9.5/10

The Crowd seemed to enjoy the film a lot, plenty of positive reactions on the way out from an audience that was silent for the entire film. My friends both loved it, one proclaimed it better than any film released in the last 15 months, and the other championed it as one of the best films he's ever seen. Fingers crossed we could be seeing the beginning of a new mega franchise.

• Like 1

The Muppets

Greenbelt 3, Makati City, Philippines

March 23, 2012. 6:05 PM

~40 people out of 300 seats. Mostly adults

Trailers:

Titanic 3D - chatter

Pirates: Band of Misfits - silence

The Avengers - chatter, one guy near was very excited about it

The Amazing Spider-man - chatter

Anonymous - silence

Movie

It took so long for this movie to finally get here and it has to open against The Hunger Games? Anyway, it's definitely worth the wait as the movie was both entertaining and moving. Seriously, I was teary eyed during "Pictures in my Head" and "Rainbow Connection". Crowd responded well, laughing a lot. Jim Parsons in Man or a Muppet, Chris Cooper rapping and the chicken's "F*** You" performance drew the biggest reaction. And as we exit the theater I heard a lot of the audience singing "mana, mana".

A+

Edited by forg