Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

The Lorax15:5035% fullThe movie:Perfect for children, good for adults, very very bad for anyone who loves cinema.A Super generic villain, stupid characters, awkward situations, unfunny jokes, as if it was not enough still have bad musical numbers (the only ''good" is in the end), the cute animals are copies of the Minions of Despicable Me. But the action, together with 3D, is really good and the movie is beautifulGood reaction of the crowd4.3/10.0

Edited by Goffe

The Lucky OneBerkeley Takapuna, AucklandFriday 6pm 20/60Salmon Fishing in the YemenMargin CallDark ShadowsWhat to Expect when your ExpectingNo reaction to any of them.My friend is a huge Zac Efron fan so I agreed to go see this with her, even though this didn't appeal to me at all. But how bad could it be, right? It was soooo boring. About 30 minutes in she was ready to walk out, but we gave it a bit longer and it got slightly better. There's nothing offensive about this movie, it's just really really really really boring. Which is the worst thing a movie can be really.D

Cabin In The Woods

Regal Arnot Mall 10

Thursday 7:50pm

12 people (good mix of young and old)

Trailers:

Safe

Looper

Expendables 2

Some bad horror movie taken place in a empty town.

(no spoiler) Review: (I'm going to post the same review, I posted on my facebook)

Cabin In The Woods Review: (No Spoiler Review)

I don't need to give a review, if u like horror GO SEE THIS MOVIE. Drop whatever you are doing right now, go to fandango, put in your zip code, look for the theater thats playing this movie, then drive to said theater and GO SEE IT!!!

4 out of 4 Horror Classic

MEGAPLEX 7 (lone theatre on my island,caribbean)4pm TITANIC about 30 people :teens , young women like me, a mom and her 8/10yrs old daughtermy review :wub: :wub: :wub:i thought i'd have a more adult reaction 15yrs later seeing this but that resolution lasted about 10mn, when i saw fabrizio's face and how happy he was that he and jack won their titanic ticket at the poker game, my eyes welled up and the music swelling just about opened the faucet!Seeing the titanic bustling with life,liverpool pier full of people then jack and fabrizio waving goodbye to the crowd even though they knew no one i started crying (it just all came back to me) off and on for the next three hrs!i hadnt seen this movie entirely since that one time in 1997 when i cried like a baby (the shock of jack dying) sure i have the dvd and yeah i'd see it playing on tv every other month on tv but if i watched i could never get pass that steamy hand scene, i like to pretend the film ends there!i had forgotten how beautiful and eternally youthfull leonardo di caprio was :wub: he and kate inhabited their roles perfectly but then i'd think of the end and start crying again , tears were just rolling down my cheeks for the last 30 mn when everything goes crescendo, last but not least that evil song by celine dion pfff urghhh my eyes were so red afterwards gahhhthis movie is hazardous to any sensible person...ps: 3D was AH-MAZING what is it about james cameron that his 3D looks and feel different , it felt just like watching avatar crazyyy the dept the texture i just dunno , funny things about that i got dizzy seeing how far the ocean seemed in scenes where they were looking down (i'm afraid of heights) and yeah i actually stuck out my hand and said noooo when she threw the diamond in the sea!there is just nothing rational about my reaction to titanic, i will not watch it again unless they re-release it again for a 30th anniversary hopefully i won't remember today :ph34r:anyway unto lighter stuff9.30pm 70%full WRATH OF THE TITANS (2D)i was able to see snow white &the huntsman trailer before film started; it was ok my friend and i laughed a lot at some things , clearly andromeda was still pissed perseus shacked up with other chick in COTT , unresolved tension there! don't remember if perseus and zeus were so tight in COTT and of course we had our usuals blackberry addicts pfff that phone is like some cult it had those 3 girls undivided attention during the whole moviesomething about this movie is just weird why do they keep insisting on making the gods weak and mortals they did same schtick in immortals ,why?anyone else laughed when once perseus kill? cronos (ot: how bada** is pegasus huh?) andromeda and her army who never seemed to moved from their ready spot were chanting like they defeated the bad guy lolwhoever played aegenor poseidon son was not all that, he looked familiar , wonder if he played a centaur in percy jackson, hmm to imdb i go....thus ended my saturday at the movies.

• Like 1

Short and to the point. What more can you ask for?All right, here's some more. TrailersBrave-thought it was HTTYD2Spiderman-looked good in 3D. The scene where he's moving across the roof tops in a single first person shot looks great on the big screen. MIB3-got a few laughs although the humour just seems forced to mePrometheus-I CAN'T WAIT. The movie. I'm a Joss Whedon fan since Buffy days and I have to say he did a fantastic job. It's solid story which each character playing their part. It also has a great sense of humour. At times the crowd was almost rolling in the aisles with laughter.

Best Exotic Marigold HotelEvent Cinemas Queen StreetWednesday 12.40pm 30/60We missed the trailers, it was a public holiday and the queues for The Avengers meant the line for tickets was huge. This was a lovely film with a huge amount of heart, it's not as funny as the trailer makes out. Everyone was great in their roles, Judy Dench and Bill Nighy in particular. There were some beautiful scenes, the message was you're never too old to enjoy life. B+

The AvengersImax 3D Sold out ~600 seaterTrailers:Prometheus: Not allot of reactions. I think the trailer is a bit confusing and doesnt show allot.3D Trailers:MIB3: Almost no reaction, I think it looks bad. And my 2 friends I was with agreed.TDKR: Lots of buzz and looks greatTASM: Same as TDKR, lots of reactions and heard a couple of people say that it looks great/ they want to see it.The movie:Best movie of 2012 for me so far. I thought it was great.Everycharacter was able to shine and had their time on the screen.Iron man as expected was great but I also was positive suprised by the Hulk, together with IM stole the show for me.Great movie and will recommend it.

The Avengers 2DSold OutTrailersTDKR - decent buzzMIB 3 - No reactionPrometheus - big reaction, lot of talkingThe Movie - Excellent movie all the characters were focused on and the action was spectacularThe crowd loved it, laughing at many moments (hulk and loki) and cheering at the end

The Avengers 3DCinemais - Cuiaba - MT - Brazil14:0020% full (I don't know the capacity of the theater, but was a big theater, like 600 seats)TrailersMIB 3: NRTASM: NR, looks more cheesy every time I watch itThe Movie:The movie is excellent with a good performances by the cast (which has chemistry), an excellent soundtrack, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G special effects (although is common), good direction by Joss Whedon, incredible action scenes. But something is missing in the Marvel movies, I don't know if it's lack of emotion or whether the universe has fallen into a common place (For me that has happened since Iron Man 2), but sure something is missing in the Marvel movies to arrive in Bataman or Spider-Man in terms of quality.The audience seemed to like the movie, the scene between Hulk and Loki received cheers from the audienceTA: 8.5 B+IM: 8.0 BThor: 6.5 B-THI: 6.5 C+IM2: 5.5 C+CA: 4.5 C

Edited by Goffe Rises

The Avengers in glorious 2D (UK)8:50PM Friday300 seats. Sold out.Trailers:Y'know, I don't really remember, I know there was a Prometheus one and one for The Dictator that got a huge amount of laughs, but the rest of them were pretty disappointing. Nothing big.There was a crazy amount of love in the cinema, people laughed really hard at the right moments and at the end there was applause, which barely ever happens here. Awesome. Pretty much everyone stayed for the mid-credits sequence. (but was there a scene at the very end?)

Posted Image

The Five-Year Engagement

7:30PM Friday, April 27th

Regal Fenway 13 & RPX

Theater Capacity: ~425 people (65% full, pretty much everywhere but the bottom third of the theater; and a fairly even gender split)

Ticket Price: $9.00

Concessions: n/a

TRAILERS:

Ted - first non-red band trailer I've seen for this, and it was actually funnier than the others. Got a good reaction, a lot of comments from people recognizing Boston landmarks (as you'd expect, they shot this in our neighborhood last summer).

This is 40 - People watching started wondering "Why does this look familiar?" and then "The sort of sequel to Knocked Up" flashed across the screen. BAM - everyone got excited! Trailer was famazing, and I'm very pumped to see this over Christmas.

Hope Springs - I'll watch anything with Meryl Streep in it, but Steve Carrell & Tommy Lee Jones too? And it's a sex comedy?! Well, this got a good audience reaction to say the least.

Magic Mike - despite the male striptease premise, this got a warm reaction from the audience. The woman behind me was like "Yeah, work it," which made me a tiny bit uncomfortable. Lots of talking overall.

The Dictator - this got laughs, but the trailer feels more and more underwhelming with each repeat viewing. Still, the fireworks over the Statue of Liberty joke at the end draws a very loud reaction from people.

People Like Us - A family drama with Miri & Captain Kirk? This got the weakest reaction. :-/

THE FILM:

As soon as The Five-Year Engagement started, I whispered to my friends "By the way, I read this had a 2-hour run time. Just a heads up." With that in mind, I guess we hoped or expected that it would still be steady comedy through its duration and run pretty quickly. And the jokes were pretty consistent, especially for anyone who was on board with some of the sick dark humor sprinkled throughout the screenplay (apparently this went over the heads for many in the audience). Still, by its ending the film really did feel like a very long journey.

Jason Segal and Emily Blunt have great chemistry together, but some of the strongest moments comes from the rest of the film's supporting cast. Early in the film during an engagement party, different family members giving toasts comes off more like open mic night at the Improv. I'd say at least in this scene that Alison Brie, playing Blunt's sister, is by far the funniest. Chris Pratt later proves to be equally as funny, and then later everyone else in the supporting cast. Personally, I was expecting a little more from Jason Segal who you still love throughout this movie, but I suppose that's unfair since I've watched reruns of How I Met Your Mother everyday for the last five months and was expecting Marshall.

What matters is how the audience felt, and everyone seemed to enjoy it mostly. There were some "WTF?!" moments, some sincere romance, a bit of drama, and a lot of comedy. A small group of people started clapping when the film ended (I was not one of them), but I guess that's still a good thing. I'd recommend going to watch it with friends, just don't expect Bridesmaids. In fact, this was a little more The Vow than Apatow-esque, yet ultimately true to the title. It's long. If you're impatient, than watch something else.

Experience - 20/30

Story/Writing - 15/20

Acting - 13/15

Tech Specs (Cinematography, Editing, Effects) - 13/15 (*I was actually really impressed with many of the shots showing changes in seasons)

Direction - 7/10

Music - 7/10

THE VERDICT: 75/100, B

• Like 1