Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Lakes 12Rock of Ages7:20 PMAbout 75 peopleTrailersMagic Mike some laughsThe Great Gatsby some chatterAmazing Spider Man chatterI liked it had good music in it. Cruise is good but the paper thin story hurts the movie6/10This theater was really nice it used to be outdated but now it been totally remodeled. It is a much better theater now.

DICTATOR's red band trailer was attached to MADAGASCAR: EMW when I watched it. lol. Really hilarious.

HAHA! When I watched Madagascar 3, I didn't see that one but I saw it when I watched Snow White. It's going to be shown here on August and reportedly with no cuts

Went to see promethous. It was pretty pack for 11am show. I was suprise.The trailer:The WatchThat danzel plane movieSavagesThe Amazing Spiderman.some others i cant remember.The crowd seem to enjoy the film. Their were alot of laughter for some reason. I was like wtfMy grade I give it 8/10.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

PROMETHEUS 2D /9.20pm30% fulltrailers G.I.joe 2 was surprise to see this attached to the film it says coming out june 29/2012 ? def gotta fix that , i know its being moved because i follow films journey but general public seems to still think this is coming out this summer! tsk tskTHAT's MY BOY this sandler film looks funny , everyone was laughing during the trailer, it looked way better than jack and jill if i was ever inclined to see a sandler flick on the big screen which hasnt happened since "50 first dates" and even then i went for drew barrymore not himthere was one trailer before these but the screen was black and you only hear the audio!i was all set to see this in 3D but apparently new film ab lincoln vamp slayer took the 3D screen pfffff i liked the film , i loved the little throwback( or throw forwards???) to alien...agree michael fassbender character made me nervous ,i expected something bad to happen whenever he was around because of his i'm a robot i'm careless:no feelings and also no warning system telling him uhh maybe you should be cautious!rooney mara was badass i was like :wtf: during that scene where she extracted the parasite and then walk off like hey just another day at work no pain no gain...i felt really bad for those 2 idiots who got loss , dunno why but i did not expect them to , we did call the boyfriend getting screwed over! those engineers were not cool , gee would it have kill them them to chat a bit,the last scene was very nostalgic to me from this to the alien baby ripley has what a genetic journey this DNA has been onthe holograms were very cool would have love to see them a bit more up-close!all in all i give this an A- for a good effort by director and great visuals and leaving me wanting to see where dr shaw goes from here on

• Like 1

Brave

7:15 pm showing, not 3D

300 seats, around 90% full

Trailers:

Hotel Transylvania - chuckles

The Hobbit - Surprisingly silent (I guess not an LOTR crowd? I was pumped)

Despicable Me 2 - laughter, much buzz

Finding Nemo 3D - gasps of excitement until they realized it wasn't a sequel, and then "aw just 3D"

Wreck-it Ralph - chuckles, much buzz

Monsters University - laughs, much buzz

La Luna short - positive buzz

Feature film - Good positive vibe from the crowd. Even laughed at "Feast yer eyes!" which I personally have been tired of ever since the first trailer. Tears around the end and applause when the credits started. Sounds like the crowd went home happy.

Edited by whoot

Posted Image

Brave in 3D

12:01AM Friday, June 22nd

Regal Fenway 13 & RPX

Theater Capacity: <300 (15% full; there was also a 2D showing which must've had a bigger audience)

Ticket Price: $14.00

Concessions: small Coke Zero & small popcorn ($6.00)

TRAILERS:

Finding Nemo 3D - funny trailer, no reaction from crowd; my friends and I are pumped for this though.

Monsters University - laugh-out-loud teaser trailer, got a good reaction from the crowd.

Wreck-It Ralph - this looks awesome. A few people nearby all said, "Bowser!" Good reaction.

Hotel Transylvania - Adam Sandler. Andy Samberg... box office poison much? Luke-warm reaction.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - same trailer, but again it always looks great in 3D.

- "Ba, ba ba... ba, ba na-na. Ba, ba, ba... ba, ba na-na." Every single person in the theater laughed hysterically at the minions. This may've been the funniest teaser I've ever seen. Snot actually came out of my nose I was laughing so hard! Best reaction.

Ice Age: Continental Drift - another laugh-out-loud trailer, this one looks really funny. And that's kind of funny considering I have still never seen a single Ice Age film.

THE FILM:

Before Brave began, there was a short film called La Luna that played. It was a completely imaginative story about the stars and the moon with very little dialogue, much emotion, and another home run, feel-good short from that special studio. Brave on the other hand...

Is it such a crime to expect nothing short of excellence when you pay to see a Pixar film? Like most people, I have an unspoken set of standards I expect to be met when I watch a film from the same studio that melted my heart when I watched Up, broadened the scope of my imagination with WALL*E, and made me truly yearn for my youth upon watching Toy Story 3. At the very least, I expected Brave to break some sort of new ground in story-telling, visual effects, or (dare I say it) move me in some way. Unfortunately, Brave does none of these things.

My biggest fear when watching the Brave trailers was that this was in the same universe as Dreamworks' How to Train Your Dragon. In essence, I was concerned the fantasy, Scottish tale had been done before. In a way, Brave is kind of the same movie as HTTYD, sprinkled with a dash of Beauty & the Beast, low-brow humor in the vein of Shrek, and a fight scene that might very well be a shot-for-shot rip-off of The Lion King (*I need to re-watch both of these to be certain). Now is it a bad thing that Pixar would emulate those films when telling the tale within Brave? No, not really... after all, those are all fantastic movies. But the disappointing reality--the letdown--is that Pixar couldn't do the story in its own voice. Yeah, yeah, I laughed throughout and I empathized with the rebellious teenager against the parent(s) story, but I sincerely felt misled by the trailer, let alone the title.

Brave is not a film about "bravery." In fact I think the film was much better-suited by its original title--The Bear and the Bow--because that's at least what the film is about. Unless you're less cynical than I, you will not cry during this movie. You will not be moved in any particular fashion, save for those who are in fact constantly at odds with mom and dad and decide to reassess their lives. While the animation is beautiful and certainly in the Pixar rolodex, it's not the finest animation I've seen lately and it's definitely not worth the price of 3D. My feelings after the film were mutually felt with the audience if the audible, "Meh. Good movie," vibe was any indication. It is a "good" movie, just not a Pixar-perfect one.

Experience - 17/30

Story/Writing - 10/20

Acting - 12/15

Tech Specs (Cinematography, Editing, Effects) - 13/15

Direction - 6/10

Music - 10/10 (I love bagpipes; that was a saving grace for this film... incredible score)

THE VERDICT: 68/100, C

• Like 2

Brave in 3D

Regal Arnot Mall 10

Friday 9:35pm

30 people (only 5 kids)

Trailers:

Hotel Transylvania: some laughs (from me as well, huge fan of Sandler and I will say I liked That's My Boy)

Finding Nemo 3D: no reaction

Monsters University: Got lots of laughs

The Hobbit: no reaction at first seemed like a odd trailer for a kids movie but then was reminded its Pixar.

Wreck It Ralph: got laughs, lots of positive talk. I saw the trailer before and seeing this first time on the screen, I loved it even more can't wait.

Very emotional short before the movie. It was pretty cool

Review:

The plot of Brave is pretty weak, its visuals are amazing, voice acting was great, and its pretty funny. I just wish the plot was better. Brave is more Disney then Pixar but even though Pixar outdid any Disney princess movie, they didnt outdo any Pixar movie except Cars 2.

Dark Shadows

170 seats, 40% full

10:00pm

Cinemais, Cuiaba - Brazil

The movie:

Great movie until the climax, which is totally awful.

Yes its a horror movie for me, at least much more than the trailer suggests. Visuals, soundtrack, acting are all strong. Two things that bother me was poorly developed the relationship between Josette and Barnabas and the performance of Chloë Moretz.

I felt sorry for the Eva Green character :(

Grade:

B/B+

Edited by Goffe Rises
  • Like 1

Posted Image

Brave in 3D

12:01AM Friday, June 22nd

Regal Fenway 13 & RPX

Theater Capacity: <300 (15% full; there was also a 2D showing which must've had a bigger audience)

Ticket Price: $14.00

Concessions: small Coke Zero & small popcorn ($6.00)

TRAILERS:

Finding Nemo 3D - funny trailer, no reaction from crowd; my friends and I are pumped for this though.

Monsters University - laugh-out-loud teaser trailer, got a good reaction from the crowd.

Wreck-It Ralph - this looks awesome. A few people nearby all said, "Bowser!" Good reaction.

Hotel Transylvania - Adam Sandler. Andy Samberg... box office poison much? Luke-warm reaction.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - same trailer, but again it always looks great in 3D.

- "Ba, ba ba... ba, ba na-na. Ba, ba, ba... ba, ba na-na." Every single person in the theater laughed hysterically at the minions. This may've been the funniest teaser I've ever seen. Snot actually came out of my nose I was laughing so hard! Best reaction.

Ice Age: Continental Drift - another laugh-out-loud trailer, this one looks really funny. And that's kind of funny considering I have still never seen a single Ice Age film.

THE FILM:

Before Brave began, there was a short film called La Luna that played. It was a completely imaginative story about the stars and the moon with very little dialogue, much emotion, and another home run, feel-good short from that special studio. Brave on the other hand...

Is it such a crime to expect nothing short of excellence when you pay to see a Pixar film? Like most people, I have an unspoken set of standards I expect to be met when I watch a film from the same studio that melted my heart when I watched Up, broadened the scope of my imagination with WALL*E, and made me truly yearn for my youth upon watching Toy Story 3. At the very least, I expected Brave to break some sort of new ground in story-telling, visual effects, or (dare I say it) move me in some way. Unfortunately, Brave does none of these things.

My biggest fear when watching the Brave trailers was that this was in the same universe as Dreamworks' How to Train Your Dragon. In essence, I was concerned the fantasy, Scottish tale had been done before. In a way, Brave is kind of the same movie as HTTYD, sprinkled with a dash of Beauty & the Beast, low-brow humor in the vein of Shrek, and a fight scene that might very well be a shot-for-shot rip-off of The Lion King (*I need to re-watch both of these to be certain). Now is it a bad thing that Pixar would emulate those films when telling the tale within Brave? No, not really... after all, those are all fantastic movies. But the disappointing reality--the letdown--is that Pixar couldn't do the story in its own voice. Yeah, yeah, I laughed throughout and I empathized with the rebellious teenager against the parent(s) story, but I sincerely felt misled by the trailer, let alone the title.

Brave is not a film about "bravery." In fact I think the film was much better-suited by its original title--The Bear and the Bow--because that's at least what the film is about. Unless you're less cynical than I, you will not cry during this movie. You will not be moved in any particular fashion, save for those who are in fact constantly at odds with mom and dad and decide to reassess their lives. While the animation is beautiful and certainly in the Pixar rolodex, it's not the finest animation I've seen lately and it's definitely not worth the price of 3D. My feelings after the film were mutually felt with the audience if the audible, "Meh. Good movie," vibe was any indication. It is a "good" movie, just not a Pixar-perfect one.

Experience - 17/30

Story/Writing - 10/20

Acting - 12/15

Tech Specs (Cinematography, Editing, Effects) - 13/15

Direction - 6/10

Music - 10/10 (I love bagpipes; that was a saving grace for this film... incredible score)

THE VERDICT: 68/100, C

You gotta change that scoring system of yours. If it's a "good" movie...then it deserves higher than a C.

A = great

B = good

C = okay/mediocre

D = bad

F = horrible

This is the universal standard.

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1