Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

I just saw Lincoln today. It's amazing how diverse the crowd was. Granted, mostly people in the elderly sect were in attendance, but I saw a handful of families and young adults present at my showing.

I've seen a lot of sellouts for Lincoln today compared to just 2 I saw last night.

7 Psychopaths

Wed Dec.5th, 8pm

about 30 people (preview)

Trailers:

Jack Reacher (looks horrible in my opinion)

the Osama film (looks a bit better)

The film:

Really clever and funny in some parts; dragging and repetitive in others. I don't plan to rewatch this anytime soon, audience laughed at some parts but WOM won't be exceptional. Expect a short and mediocre run. Colin Farrell doesn't connect with me in any role, raised eyebrows or not; luckily there are some memorable performances by Walken, Rockwell and also Tom Waits whom I'd like to see on screen much more often. Plus a long HarryDeanStanton cameo and a fluffy dog. There's less than two gallons of blood spilt and just one exploding head and no hurt animals so it's kid-friendly, though there's a bit of slight nudity as well so don't take your kids if they're of the sensitive kind.

• Like 1

I saw Rise of the Guardians Friday night at the 9:20pm show, 2D. The theater was average sized and about 15% full. Plot was uneven at times but overall I quite enjoyed it! Not as good as Wreck-It Ralph but I'd give it a slight edge over Brave, honestly.

Just came back from the theaters. Anna Karenina sucks. It is huge and boring. I just wanted it to end.

Oh. I went into the theatre convinced I would hate it but I ended up loving it. Top 10 of the year, and at number 7 I doubt it'll be bumped out now.

Oh. I went into the theatre convinced I would hate it but I ended up loving it. Top 10 of the year, and at number 7 I doubt it'll be bumped out now.

My crowd didn't helped. People were laughing and making stupid coments about the movie all the time. That may be one of the reasons I didn't liked it. I was sick of being there because of the noise. Edited by CJohn

Had my annual LotFR-triple-feature yesterday, this year the first time with the extended editions. No trailers, no commercials - pure cinema! Really, that's the way how this film should be watched - back-to-back, with just a few minutes pause. Watching it with a theater full of fans (about 400people) is a deeply satisfying experience; I suspect we'll have to treat "The Hobbit" accordingly and wait for all 3 parts before passing judgement.This year was better booked than last year; either "The Hobbit" created more of a motivation/awareness or it was the fact that it was a first for the EE on the big screen.

• Like 1

Just came back from Cloud Atlas. Easily the best movie of the year.

Well, while "best" is very subjective and you can't easily compare different genres, "Cloud Atlas" was one of the positive surprises of this year for me; I didn't have that film on the radar at all. It was not perfect (see my review) but amazing nontheless. Other positive surprises for me were "Ted" and "Paranorman".
  • Like 1

Stupid general audience abandoned masterpiece Cloud Atlas.

Cloud Atlas was shrugged ( :P) because Warner Bros. didn't develop (or weren't able to develop) a substantial marketing campaign. The first trailer was released 3 months in advance, didn't screen in theaters because it was 5 minutes long.FIrst official trailer was released one month in advance. Wasn't able to explain the premise clearly, along with the subsequent commercials on TV. Mainly because that plot couldn't be explained in less than 3 minutes :lol:It was just too confusing source material to bring in general audiences. Edited by Alpha

Had my annual LotFR-triple-feature yesterday, this year the first time with the extended editions. No trailers, no commercials - pure cinema! Really, that's the way how this film should be watched - back-to-back, with just a few minutes pause. Watching it with a theater full of fans (about 400people) is a deeply satisfying experience; I suspect we'll have to treat "The Hobbit" accordingly and wait for all 3 parts before passing judgement.This year was better booked than last year; either "The Hobbit" created more of a motivation/awareness or it was the fact that it was a first for the EE on the big screen.

Hobbit will be a GREAT time for me. I'm bringing my friends and their families along. We'll be seeing it in IMAX 3D in a dark, inclusive theater with 400 other fanboys. And my theater is screening the Star Trek Into Darkness prolouge.
  • Like 1