TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

DS2 trailer 1 showing this little would be doing similar numbers. Part of the reason trailer 2 popped off was because it showed a lot. 

First trailers usually get more hype than the 2nd most of the time. DS2 was deflated because everyone saw it in the cinema. Prime example is NWH.

Just now, SupermanLego said:

DS2 trailer was deflated, you might be getting the wrong trend. 

No it wasn't. 

Actually was the opposite, trailer 2 did better than usual for second trailers because it showed a lot (including Xavier) and because the first one everyone saw in theaters.

Fwiw, the comparison is with DS2 second trailer. Obviously the teaser was deflated, and the numbers are way lower than every recently MCU teaser because of that.

3 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

First trailers usually get more hype than the 2nd most of the time. DS2 was deflated because everyone saw it in the cinema. Prime example is NWH.

I am well aware that first trailers do better. But how much they do better by is non constant and heavily depends on how much is shown in the first trailer and the second trailer respectively. Obviously it isn't a perfect comp. However my guess is that DS2 with a normal trailer release schedule would have had a first trailer about 10% higher than the second, similar to EG, since the second trailer revealed a lot more than the first.

Edited by Menor Reborn

I know I like to joke about trailer likes:OW relation, but there is not much of actual value to be gleaned here imo. We have NWH (Marvel Sony channel split) vs DS1 first (deflated by NWH attachment) vs DS2 2nd (is a 2nd) vs Thor4 (was low wattage (or, if you prefer, was a true “teaser” rather than a “trailer”)). We can say that interest is pretty high and it should clear 150 at least, but that was evident 24 hrs ago as well.

3 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

DS2 trailer 1 showing this little would be doing similar numbers. Part of the reason trailer 2 popped off was because it showed a lot. 

Yeah. DS2 trailer 2 exploded because of showing a lot more and big money shots... but at the same time not showing anything. 

I think a big Thor LT trailer 2, with some great money shots like ,it will be even bigger than DS2 trailer. 

• Like 1

Fuck trends. 

I will bet my whole bank account that the 2nd trailer for Thor LT will be much bigger, and even bigger than the 2nd DS2 trailer. 

This was a 1:30 teaser, literally showing nothing. Just a small teaser to announce the movie to the world. Setting the tone. Great music btw. 

The 2nd trailer will have the money shots. It has to be fast paced, show a lot without showing much and be a adrenaline inducing trailer. Just like DS2 trailer 2.

7 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thats not entirely true though. 2018 for example had a very strong and good movie. 

Hide contents

The Incredibles 2

Hide contents
Can’t think of any other good and strong June movie that year

6d1ztu.jpg

Spoiler

6d2083.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

HOT  TAKE

MCU PHASE 1 > ANY OTHER PHASE (VISUALLY)

464d7d4c1095948a9b9a9b3093bf64b5.jpg

I like the shot of the scene in the Thor: Ragnarok: trailer where Thor, Loki, Valkyrie and even the Hulk are together and are ready to battle Hela. Shame that Hulk didn’t get to fight so many of her undead soldiers on Asgard in the actual movie, since the only thing he defeated over there, was her giant wolf. Some characters wouldn’t have been killed by Hela and maybe Asgard (as a kingdom) wouldn’t have been completely permanently destroyed. I miss that world.

8 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thats not entirely true though. 2018 for example had a very strong and good movie. 

Reveal hidden contents

Ehhhhhh. I think Incredibles 2 was one of the weakest Pixar that decade and maybe the weakest sequel (yes behind Cars 2). It’s good though just not great 🤷🏿‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Ehhhhhh. I think Incredibles 2 was one of the weakest Pixar that decade and maybe the weakest sequel (yes behind Cars 2). It’s good though just not great 🤷🏿‍♂️

Ive watched Incredibles 1 and 2 back-to-back a few weeks ago and honestly, Incredibles 2 cant hold a candle to the first one. Theres not even 1 scene in the 1st film that i could call even remotely bad or boring. In 2 however, there are entire sections of the movie where it feels like were going nowhere. A lot of it comes down to the villains, i think. Syndrome is iconic. The villain in Incredibles 2? I would guess no one here even remembers her name. Shes so indredibly (pun not intended) forgettable.

Incredibles 2 is still good, id say, a solid 7/10. But its a big step down from the original.

• Like 2

24hr likes will be like 10% behind DS2 2nd. Pacing much weaker after first few hours, finish perhaps 1.6-1.7M. 160-170M on lock ;)    

Spoiler

Unless 2nd trailer does better, really 2nd trailer vs 2nd trailer is one to count 😛