TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

3 hours ago, Orestes said:

Yeah, a more "realistic" depiction of Norse mythology would've never flown with the Comics Code Authority back when Thor was introduced in the comics.

I love the MCU, but the Historian in me has to point out that Marvel version of Norse Mythlogy is a lot different  then actual Norse Mythlogy.

It was the Thor comcis that got me interested in Norse mythlogy in the first place.

And I hasten to add that DC takes similiar liberties with Greek Mythlogy in the "Wonder Woman" franchise.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I love the MCU, but the Historian in me has to point out that Marvel version of Norse Mythlogy is a lot different  then actual Norse Mythlogy.

It was the Thor comcis that got me interested in Norse mythlogy in the first place.

And I hasten to add that DC takes similiar liberties with Greek Mythlogy in the "Wonder Woman" franchise.

No shit, you are telling me Norses were not aliens? let alone in a world all the "mythologies" actually exists, they cannot take themselves that seriously.

And this movie literaly features the Greek mythology, Zeus is in the trailer.

Edited by Fox20

46 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Theres only so much murder, pillaging and raping that can be allowed in a PG-13 Superhero film with a talking racoon though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Truly shocked to learn after all these years that MCU’s Norse corner does not track 1:1 with real world myths. I hope no one tries to tell me that Infinity Stones aren’t real, don’t think my heart could take it :sparta:    

• Haha 1

The only mythology that is real is the sentient Scarlet Witch. 

Did you know there’s an entire chapter devoted to her in the Darkhold? That’s the book of the damned. The Scarlet Witch is not born, she is forged. She has no coven, no need for incantation. Her power exceeds that of the Sorcerer Supreme. It’s her destiny to destroy the world.

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, Wormow said:

The only mythology that is real is the sentient Scarlet Witch. 

Did you know there’s an entire chapter devoted to her in the Darkhold? That’s the book of the damned. The Scarlet Witch is not born, she is forged. She has no coven, no need for incantation. Her power exceeds that of the Sorcerer Supreme. It’s her destiny to destroy the world.

Cool story bro

On 4/25/2022 at 1:50 PM, Fox20 said:

No shit, you are telling me Norses were not aliens? let alone in a world all the "mythologies" actually exists, they cannot take themselves that seriously.

And this movie literaly features the Greek mythology, Zeus is in the trailer.

So the Olympians show up?

Maybe we will have the classic Thor vs Hercules fight, whihc was a crowd pleaser n the Silver Age.

15 minutes ago, MultiverseXXR said:

I hope Taika is right. You got the actor, you got the awesome villain; now let’s see if he can bring it out properly and give us the true Gorr.

I hope so, im happy if is"Only" good like Green Goblin in NWH

Thanos is probably impossible to beat when it comes to MCU villains. Hes had his own movie (Infinity War), he was by far the biggest threat for the MCU heroes, he was actually a well-fleshed out character with an understandable motivation and he snapped his way into popular culture.

I very much doubt that the villain in the 4th Thor movie could come close to topping Thanos no matter how good he is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Thanos is probably impossible to beat when it comes to MCU villains. Hes had his own movie (Infinity War), he was by far the biggest threat for the MCU heroes, he was actually a well-fleshed out character with an understandable motivation and he snapped his way into popular culture.

I very much doubt that the villain in the 4th Thor movie could come close to topping Thanos no matter how good he is.

better than thanos is almost impossible but if anyone can its Bale. May be they aced his character. Otherwise why would he even sign up for this project at all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Do you think there is any future MCU villain which can top thanos ? or is thanos the joker of the mcu in where he can never be topped ?

Edited by SupermanLego