TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

32 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Don't know if it will be today. 

Everything is to quiet. I think some insider would have heard something by now. 

Just my guess. 

Yeah I'm guessing so. I'm starting to just go with the idea that they are waiting for Strange2. No pun intended, but that is rather, um, strange. I can only think of Incredible Hulk, Solo, and Dark Tower, all with production problems, having this short of a time span. In any other context, this would be considered the worst marketing campaign of any major movie in history.

What is more interesting to me is not the lack of any marketing but how little anyone either cares or even knows about this movie outside die-hard MCU fans. Both NWH and Strange2 had a TON of lead up to the first teasers. The rumors for those movies provided all the free publicity they needed. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Don't know if it will be today. 

Everything is to quiet. I think some insider would have heard something by now. 

Just my guess. 

I think Marvel maybe finally found a way of do things without every insider in the world know it. 

They're suffering with leaks since IW, but nothing about Thor leaked, it's the first MCU movie in ages to do so, nobody knows the plot.

They manage to release Ms Marvel trailer without any big insider confirm it before too. I wouldn't be surprised if Thor trailer just drop out of nowhere as well.

But yeah, can be any day now, not necessarily today. But definitely not with DS2 since Empire City confirmed is coming very soon and not in a few weeks like he said about Avatar.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, jedijake said:

I'm guessing if no "teaser" this week, then they are skipping a teaser and going straight for the jugular with a trailer in May. But I'd assume that they'll keep "leaking" tidbits before that like they have with the theater cups, toys, and character posters.

Hate to burst the bubble of those who abhor any kind of promotion but they WILL release a trailer at some point.

That stuff isn’t really leaks. The companies usually have to show off toys or shirts or whatever to retailers and then they order a batch.

15 hours ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

There won't be a teaser. It will be a full trailer. 

They might call it a teaser, but it will be a 2 minute trailer. 

All the first trailers are about 2 mins even when they are labeled as a teaser. I think the last time Marvel Studios actually released a teaser that didn’t show much of anything was the first teaser for GOTG vol 2 but then they released a proper trailer a month of 2 later in front of a Star Wars movie.

Edited. I just checked and the teaser is labeled as a “sneak peak” and trailer 1 is labeled as “teaser trailer” when it’s literally a proper trailer #1. Movie studios don’t really call trailers by their proper name anymore. I still remember  when they released a teaser for Terminator 2 back in like 2002 a year ahead of release and it was just a 30 second shot of liquid metal turning into the t3 logo. Now that’s a teaser! Imagine if they did that for Thor 🤣🤣 30 seconds of nothing.

from my memory most marvel movies only get 2 trailers and a extended look released online. Gotg2 was a rarity with a movie getting more than 2 trailers. I can’t think of any other MCU movie having more than 2, even the Avengers movies which had extended looks released online which might as well have been another trailer. Maybe this will be the first MCU movie with just one trailer 🤣🤔

Edited by eddyxx

5 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Whatever that MM is on the video is a dead giveaway lol. I ain’t clicking this shit.

4 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Nice try 😂😂

I cant believe this scepticism.

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Indian dubber of Thor posted this an hour ago. I checked, is real. Now when it's coming let's see.

I think the trailer will be a deleted scene featured when the movie comes out on Disney plus in the fall lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah with merch and stuff being out already I'd be shocked if we don't get a trailer this week. We're already closer to release without a trailer than any Marvel movie in the last 14 years.

As for whether it's today, the Ms Marvel trailer dropped at 10 am EST.

Marvel usually releases between 9AM EST and 12PM EST, so yeah there's still time. 

But i won't lie It was funny seeing people on twitter doing a countdown for 9AM and nothing happening 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KnucklesXXR said:

Looks like it’ll be 2:19 long? I wonder what the lead time is between the dubs and release. Can they flip it in a day?

Yes, and at least here in Brazil, the dubbed trailers not always drop the same day as the one with subtitles. Sometimes it comes 1-2 days later.

• Like 1