eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

11 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Also I haven't noticed much complaining about Reed not being white because of Pascal's popularity, thank god.

Casting a white actor (Pedro Pascal) could also played a role here.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I presume the Silver Surfer will also show up?

No. There will be a female herald, but not silver surfer as per rumours floating on the net. 

Everyone keeps saying that Sue is the lead of this film. That and female silver surfer (nova) are going to absolutely piss off fans. The movie will bomb badly. 

Edited by marveldcfox

34 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

No. There will be a female herald, but not silver surfer as per rumours floating on the net. 

Everyone keeps saying that Sue is the lead of this film. That and female silver surfer (nova) are going to absolutely piss off fans. The movie will bomb badly.

Sorry to tell you buddy, it absolutely is a female Silver Surfer. And Sue being the lead? Sounds good to me. This is the fourth live action iteration of these characters, it's okay to mix things up. Anyone with more than one brain cell and the ability to touch grass will not care either way. The GA only cares about a movie being good and/or entertaining, they're not sitting in their movie seats with an abacus counting out the male to female screen time ratio. 

We really don't need this wOkE/ewww girls energy here. It's dumb.

Edited by SaltyPistola
  • Knock It Off 1

Sue was an afterthought or dumb eye candy in the previous film iterations. I don't mind her being the lead. That sounds like a good idea in my opinion. Using a female version of The Silver Suffer instead of the more popular male version seems a bit pointless to me. I'm meh on the idea. If they want another prominent female role then just use a female character from the Marvel comics. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Sue was an afterthought or dumb eye candy in the previous film iterations. I don't mind her being the lead. That sounds like a good idea in my opinion. Using a female version of The Silver Suffer instead of the more popular male version seems a bit pointless to me. I'm meh on the idea. If they want another prominent female role then just use a female character from the Marvel comics. 

Juno has existed for 13 years (Only in like 3 issues I believe), so it's not like they're creating a brand new character. Besides the MCU has been making stuff up and remixing characters since 2008, expecting comic accuracy is a foolish endeavour at this point. 

Sue is just as vital to the Four as Reed, so making her the lead can work well, provided Reed doesn't get sidelined. I don't feel the same way about a genderbent Silver Surfer. You shouldn't be taking risks like that when your brand is on the brink like Marvel's is right now, and especially when Fantastic Four hasn't been done true justice on film even once. I do agree that that rumour is probably a mixup and it'll likely be a different Galactus herald who happens to be a lady.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SaltyPistola said:

Juno has existed for 13 years (Only in like 3 issues I believe), so it's not like they're creating a brand new character. Besides the MCU has been making stuff up and remixing characters since 2008, expecting comic accuracy is a foolish endeavour at this point. 

You are arguing against things that I never said. You do you though. 

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

You are arguing against things that I never said. You do you though. 

I liked your original post... I just said that female version technically exits in the comics and that the MCU isn't comic accurate and I've given up on expecting it to be. Not sure why you think I'm arguing with you, I agree with you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SaltyPistola said:

I liked your original post... I just said that female version technically exits in the comics and that the MCU isn't comic accurate and I've given up on expecting it to be. Not sure why you think I'm arguing with you, I agree with you.

Oh okay. I did try to phrase my post to acknowledge that the female version exists. I failed on that front as well as my reading comprehension being off. I'm okay with a lot of changes in comic book adaptations but some I am meh on. 

• Like 1