eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

26 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Tje real problem was that Sue was cast way too young in the previous movies; she is supposed to be in her early 30's.

I thnk the whole relationship between Sue and her kid brother was distorted by this; made that Sue is trying hard to be a surrogate mother for her kid brother much harder to put across.

People keep citing the Ulitmate FF as a justifcation for maiing the FF so young in the previous two films; that the Ulitmate version of the FF was a notable flop in the Ulitmate Universe goes right by them.

Kate Mara actually was in her early 30s at the time. The problem was that the movie gave her practically nothing to do, and her chemistry with Reed was virtually nonexistent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I wonder what they have at SDCC that they're hyping it up this much. Because they don't have footage for it but haven't hyped anything else they do have footage for up nearly as much

Could have test footage. They used that for the first Guardians of the Galaxy at SDCC, I believe.

4 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Could have test footage. They used that for the first Guardians of the Galaxy at SDCC, I believe.

Even then they had been shooting longer than here. Maybe they'll have the 3 non-mocap in the suits?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dudalb said:

The original 60's Sue Storm had fairly short hair.

And in any case, a wig is a basic tool for any actress.

Yeh it can be short! It doesn’t have to be so thin and lank though lol

I think for sure there will be concept art of Galactus, since they literally literally up the sky with what hell probably look like in the movie. But this has easily been the hardest Marvels ever gone for active promotion before filmings even begun

2 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Not a fan of that subtitle, hopefully it gets nuked later like Superman.

Absolutely no way. There are two other movies called just Fantastic Four without subtitles, one being the last one released. Even the "The" isn't enough.