eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

3 hours ago, Morieris said:

I appreciate how he keeps being brought up as a potential Reed (and would love to see it) but man do I hope we get casting this year (unlikely) so we can finish this game.

Assuming this stays on its current release date, casting will be announced comic con 2023. Shooting will start in fall 2023. Reshoots in summer 2024. First trailer comic con 2024. 

Edited by marveldcfox

21 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

The casting hype and rumors for this over the last few years have been on par, if not more than the next Bond lol.

This is because of the new Secret Wars comics and his connection with Doom. As Marvel Studios is silent on "who's replacing Tony Stark," MCU nerds are looking for someone to fill the void left by Tony Stark, and that's why all this excitement.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Factcheck said:

This is because of the new Secret Wars comics and his connection with Doom. As Marvel Studios is silent on "who's replacing Tony Stark," MCU nerds are looking for someone to fill the void left by Tony Stark, and that's why all this excitement.

I really think Marvel thought that the BLack Panther was going to be the new Tony Stark, but we all know what tragically happened.

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I really think Marvel thought that the BLack Panther was going to be the new Tony Stark, but we all know what tragically happened.

He was not going to be the new Tony Stark, there was no such indication. Yes, but he would have been in the big 3-4

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 9:51 AM, marveldcfox said:

They should get Rahul Kohli instead. Frankly, just hire one of the popular A list actors from Bollywood, Telugu, Kannada or Kerala.  

Rahul Kohli is too endearing to be Reed. We need someone who is always just a step away from going full supervillain. 

Chak De era SRK would have eaten in this role. He still could but they seem to be going for much younger. 

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Hopefully they can get Sue Storm right this time, because Alba and Mara were so miscast.

It needs to be believable that Namor is interested or even obsessed with her.

Jodie Comer please save us.

As the resident Sue/Namor #1, Jodie Comer is not MCU Namor’s type. LMFAO.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/5/2023 at 10:27 AM, Mojoguy said:

Hopefully they can get Sue Storm right this time, because Alba and Mara were so miscast.

It needs to be believable that Namor is interested or even obsessed with her.

Jodie Comer please save us.

Actually Emily Blunt is the one mentioned as being ideal.

Problem with Alba and Mara is they were too young. Storm needs to be a bit older, in her early thrities.

22 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Strange, Tchalla, Peter would have been the big 3 with Strange being the focal point imo 

I think that Tchilla was a huge box office hit and Strange was not would have given Tchalls the advantage.

16 hours ago, dudalb said:

Problem with Alba and Mara is they were too young. Storm needs to be a bit older, in her early thrities.

Emily Blunt is about to turn 40. And also was almost entirely mentioned to be cast as a duo with Krasinski.

20 hours ago, dudalb said:

Blunt was offered Black Widow role, but she ended up not taking it because she was contracted to be in that shitty modern Jet Black Gulliver's Travels movie. I think it was a huge blessing Blunt wasn't shackled to the MCU these last few years, and instead has been in lots of other movies.

I can't remember ScarJo doing anything besides Lucy and Ghost in the Shell while she was playing BW.

Edited by Mojoguy

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Blunt was offered Black Widow role, but she ended up not taking it because she was contracted to be in that shitty modern Jet Black Gulliver's Travels movie. I think it was a huge blessing Blunt wasn't shackled to the MCU these last few years, and instead has been in lots of other movies.

I can't remember ScarJo doing anything besides Lucy and Ghost in the Shell while she was playing BW.

Jojo Rabbit and Marriage Story which bot got her a Oscar nom

On 2/7/2023 at 11:36 AM, Mojoguy said:

FUnny, version I heard was Blunt dropped out of being the BLack Widow because she was pregnent.