eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

I get that First Steps is supposed to echo Neil Armstrong's moon landing and the Space Age of the era this movie is set in but Marvel's First Family would have made for a much more impactful subtitle 

Unless The Marvels has terrified them from including Marvel in the movie's actual title 🥲

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I get that First Steps is supposed to echo Neil Armstrong's moon landing and the Space Age of the era this movie is set in but Marvel's First Family would have made for a much more impactful subtitle 

Unless The Marvels has terrified them from including Marvel in the movie's actual title 🥲

I am strongly against that in the MCU because they aren’t Marvel’s first Family in the MCU. I think that the ‘First Family’ thing will matter in the MCU, particularly in Secret Wars, but not like it was used in that saga.

With Shakman saying he knew about the Doom casting in advance it does make me wonder if hes going to be in this in some capacity. One of the oldest reports of RDJ being connected to it was that they wanted a Doom appearance in Fantastic Four 

18 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

With Shakman saying he knew about the Doom casting in advance it does make me wonder if hes going to be in this in some capacity. One of the oldest reports of RDJ being connected to it was that they wanted a Doom appearance in Fantastic Four 

Maybe RDJ did not think that writing for Doom in the first approach to him was very good.

That happens a lot, an actor turns down a script for not being very good, but accepts it when it has been rewritten.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 11:00 PM, ZattMurdock said:

I am strongly against that in the MCU because they aren’t Marvel’s first Family in the MCU. I think that the ‘First Family’ thing will matter in the MCU, particularly in Secret Wars, but not like it was used in that saga.

If you know your Comic Book History, you would know the that FF, when they debuted in 1961, did indeed launch the Mavel Universe. Marvel had not done a Super Hero comic since they killed off the golden age heros in 1949 because of weak sales. The sucess of the FF revied it. It also showed the DC did not have monopoly on sucessful superheros, which was sort of the conventiona wisdom in the Comic book business at that time.

I wonder if they will go with the "Reed Richards was the first man on the moon" bit. He landed on the Moon in 196e, which Stan Lee cheerfully admitted caused problems after 1969, but he said no one in the COmic industry was looking far ahead in 1963.

Edited by dudalb

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Looks fabulous! The Thing being an actor in a suit just looks better than all CGI Thing like in Fan4stic.

I'm sure they will do touchups with CGI at the end, but I won't be constantly thinking about Thing being CGI in every scene.

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

Re Dr Doom and RDJ:

I don't think he will play a major role in the film, but I would bet a sizable amount of money he will show up in the post credit sequences.

It would be kind of a shame if it isn't more than that. He should at least have as big of a role as Thanos in the first Guardians movie.

8 hours ago, poweranimals said:

It would be kind of a shame if it isn't more than that. He should at least have as big of a role as Thanos in the first Guardians movie.

Nah, focus should be on Galactus.

And  I don;t like the idea of writing him in so late in the game .

• Disbelief 1

I hope that Willy Lumpkin the Postman is in it. Would not wuite be a 60's FF movie if he was'nt.

Be nice if they came up with a nice cameo for it.  It as one of the better Stan Lee cameos in the first FF film, one of the few really amusing things in the film.

• Like 1