The Panda

BOT’s Top 30 Comic Book Movies of All Time - Lists Due Aug 12 | NOT THE FRANCHISE WAR THREAD l Submissions are closed!

giphy.gif

I was originally planning on taking a hiatus from hosting a list this year, but I realized there was a popular genre we haven’t done a list for in 6 years and it’s time for an update.

Yes, I know this deadline Is soon, but I’m going to have a quick deadline so I can do the countdown before my classes start this summer.  However, since you’re only sending a list of thirty films (and it’s a genre where most members here have seen an abundant amount of these movies), I think the deadline is reasonable.

List Criteria

1. Everything on your list must be an adaption from a comic book.  This sounds like a duh, but that means something like Incredibles 2 is not eligible because it’s not based off a comic book (even if it’s comic book inspired).

2. Comic book movie doesn’t necessarily mean superhero movie.  Something like  American Splendor, A History of Violence, Persepolis, Scott Pilgrim v the World, Road to Perdition and Snowpiercer are eligible for this list.  Don’t feel like you’re limited to Marvel and DC!

3. Send your lists to me in a PM, you may post them here, but they’ll only be counted once I receive the PM.

4. Should be obvious, but if for some reason you have an alt account (which is against the rules), you may only vote with one account.  Anyone who’s ever caught voting with two accounts will be permanently banned from ever voting in one of my lists and will have their votes thrown out.

5. Not the fanboy wars thread!

Scoring:

1. 10 points

2. 9 Points

3 - 4. 8 Points

5 - 6. 7 Points

7 - 8. 6 Points

9 - 10. 5 Points

11 - 15. 4 Points

16 - 20. 3 Points

21 - 25. 2 Points

26 - 30. 1 Points

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

• Community Manager

Please note that anyone attempting to cause any trouble will be dealt with. Use the Fanboy Wars thread if you are outraged some put The Dark Knight over Endgame or vice-versa or what-have-you.  Please only use this thread to submit lists or ask Panda questions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Please note that anyone attempting to cause any trouble will be dealt with. Use the Fanboy Wars thread if you are outraged some put The Dark Knight over Endgame or vice-versa or what-have-you.  Please only use this thread to submit lists or ask Panda questions.

Don't worry @Water Bottle. I'm sure this one is going to go over just fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Also, if there’s a movie you’d like to do a FYC for feel free to post it.  But only one FYC per movie and no criticizing someone else’s FYC!

• Community Manager

FYC:

batman_US1sht.jpg

It has Batman. It has Robin. It has all the villains. With special effects better than the special effects of a child swinging his lightsaber toy in his garage. This is Batman. And he's here and he's proud.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

alita battle angel #1

dragon ball evolutions #2

Howard the Duck #3

Daredevil #4

Electra#5

The Incredible Hulk (2008) (got to rep the MCU) #6

Green Latern #7

Son of the Mask #8

Catwoman #9

Barb Wire #10

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Hayao Miyazaki's first feature film was an adaption of Monkey Punch's manga.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind was based on Hayao Miyazaki's own manga.

This World War II movie started as a manga by Hayao Miyazaki.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

FYC:

batman_US1sht.jpg

It has Batman. It has Robin. It has all the villains. With special effects better than the special effects of a child swinging his lightsaber toy in his garage. This is Batman. And he's here and he's proud.

Might be my #1. 

• Like 3