Eric is Quiet

Hobbs & Shaw Weekend Thread: 60.8M OW (6th-best August debut), 180.8M WW | TLK 38.2, OUATIH 20, FFH 7.7, TS4 7.1, Farewell 2.4

13 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I got into a fight over climate change with a liberal. Funny thing is that I am a liberal.

Reminds me of my friend he could get into a fight in a telephone booth. He loves conversing with people but it always never goes as planned.

One time he got into a confrontation with a guy who had tied his dog outside the store. He told him you tied the dog to tight and then it began the 30 mins long conversation that lead to confrontation

gestures-2.gif

Edited by Geo1500

@WrathOfHan pls unblock me on letterboxd:

12x:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: Us Dolby, Us Round 2 Dolby, The Beach Bum, Men in Black: International IMAX, Late Night, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Round 2, Rocketman Round 2, Child’s Play, Spider-Man: Far from Home, Rocketman Round 3, Wild Rose, Crawl

11x:

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw: Cold Pursuit, Captain Marvel Dolby, Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Dark Phoenix Dolby, Men in Black: International IMAX, The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Round 2, Spider-Man: Far from Home

9x:

Dora and the Lost City of Gold: Shazam! IMAX, Little, Missing Link Dolby, Breakthrough, UglyDolls, Aladdin Dolby, The Secret Life of Pets 2 Dolby, Toy Story 4, Toy Story 4 Round 3

Blinded by the Light: Long Shot, Tolkien, A Dog’s Journey, The Sun Is Also a Star, The White Crow, The Biggest Little Farm, Spider-Man: Far from Home, Wild Rose, Booksmart Round 2

8x:

Terminator: Dark Fate: Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Rocketman Dolby, Men in Black: International IMAX, Rocketman Round 2, Rocketman Round 3, Wild Rose, Crawl, The Art of Self-Defense

Gemini Man: Avengers: Endgame, Tolkien, Rocketman Dolby, Dark Phoenix Dolby, Rocketman Round 2, Rocketman Round 3, Crawl, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby

7x:

The Lion King: Mary Poppins Returns, Penguins, Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Endgame Round 2 Dolby, Amazing Grace, Breakthrough, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX

Downton Abbey: Green Book, On the Basis of Sex, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, The Mustang, Rocketman Dolby, The Dead Don’t Die, Late Night

Stuber: Little, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Booksmart, Dark Phoenix Dolby, The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil, Child’s Play, Spider-Man: Far from Home

6x:

The Angry Birds Movie 2: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 3D, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, Missing Link Dolby, UglyDolls, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, Aladdin Dolby

Crawl: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Booksmart, Dark Phoenix Dolby, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Round 2, Annabelle Comes Home Dolby, Spider-Man: Far from Home

It: Chapter 2: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Dark Phoenix Dolby, Shaft Dolby, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Round 2, Crawl

5x:

Overcomer: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 4 IMAX, Can You Ever Forgive Me? Round 2, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby

Abominable: Dumbo, Missing Link Dolby, UglyDolls, A Dog’s Journey, The Secret Life of Pets 2 Dolby

Where’d You Go, Bernadette?: Vice, If Beale Street Could Talk, Booksmart, Rocketman Dolby, Booksmart Round 2

Angel Has Fallen: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, Dark Phoenix Dolby, Men in Black: International IMAX, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Round 2, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby

The Kitchen: Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Shaft Dolby, The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil, Rocketman Round 2, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby

21 Bridges: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby, The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil, Annabelle Comes Home Dolby, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby

4x:

My Spy: UglyDolls, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, The Sun Is Also a Star, Aladdin Dolby

Frozen 2: Captain Marvel Dolby, Penguins, Toy Story 4, Toy Story 4 Round 3

Joker: The Curse of La Llorona Dolby, Men in Black: International IMAX, Annabelle Comes Home Dolby, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 70mm

3x:

Lucy in the Sky: Us Round 2 Dolby, The Curse of La Llorona Dolby, Tolkien
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Endgame Round 2 Dolby, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX
The Art of Racing in the Rain: Aladdin Dolby, Rocketman Dolby, The Biggest Little Farm
The Informer: Serenity, Extreme Job, The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil: Aladdin Dolby, Booksmart, Annabelle Comes Home Dolby
47 Meters Down: Uncaged: Godzilla: King of the Monsters Dolby, Annabelle Comes Home Dolby, Child’s Play
The Goldfinch: Rocketman Dolby, Late Night, The Art of Self-Defense
Ready or Not: Annabelle Comes Home Dolby, Crawl, The Art of Self-Defense
Good Boys: The Beach Bum, Long Shot, Booksmart Round 2
The Addams Family: Missing Link Dolby, Toy Story 4, Booksmart Round 2

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day
The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2
Judy: Pavarotti, Rocketman Round 2
The Current War: Wind River, Wild Rose
The Art of Self-Defense: Hotel Mumbai, Wild Rose
Honeyland: The Biggest Little Farm, Wild Rose
Trolls World Tour: Toy Story 4, Toy Story 4 Round 3
Onward: Spider-Man: Far from Home, Toy Story 4 Round 3
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Booksmart, Booksmart Round 2
The Farewell: Late Night, Booksmart Round 2
Jumanji: The Next Level: Spider-Man: Far from Home, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby

1x:

Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Early Man
Sonic the Hedgehog: Pokémon Detective Pikachu
Ford v Ferrari: Dark Phoenix Dolby
Bethany Hamilton: Unstoppable: Pavarotti
Better Days: The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil
Brittany Runs a Marathon: Late Night
Arctic Dogs: Toy Story 4
Spies in Disguise: Toy Story 4
Doctor Sleep: Annabelle Comes Home Dolby
Bad Trip: Child’s Play
Midway: Spider-Man: Far from Home
Luce: Wild Rose
The Hunt: Crawl
Don’t Let Go: Crawl
The Peanut Butter Falcon: The Art of Self-Defense
Brian Banks: The Art of Self-Defense
The Nightingale: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 70mm
After the Wedding: Booksmart Round 2
Ad Astra: Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby
Queen and Slim: Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby
1917: Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Dolby

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

There's probably a reason ...

7 hours ago, tawasal said:

Can you really pinpoint someone, who had a terrible time getting cast in movies because of their stage name.

..... why would it matter if her name sounds or looks dumb, ...

Depp means literally idiot in German, did not hurt Johnny Depp's success here. What hurt his reputation was way later and had nothing to do with his name

I have no idea who the singer is or why the name is considered whatever, I thought its something exotic based.

Do people remember the model named Twiggy? Name based on her being extremely thin (as it was the goal at that time) and was very successful. I know, I know, its not the same, only to show there are people getting star status with strange names too.

1 minute ago, kitik said:

it means blank is typing shit on his phone while everyone else is trying to watch trailers!!!

Do I interpret this right, are those posts about how often he saw a trailer?

If yes:

Why would people count that?

Is it about how good an advertising campaign is?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

If P&A is 360M, F7 had around $270mn including home video cost. Which is bit high.

I guess they meant including participation cost. Besides if its 360mn then 600mn breakeven but I expected 400mn atleast.

They mean a 160M P&A.

1 hour ago, Inceptionzq said:

Oh I see. So this is a list of different movies that X’s trailer has been showed at?

correct

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

Why would people count that?

Is it about how good an advertising campaign is?

Also correct. This is a box office board, and yet there are some people who only go to see a few movies a year. Then there are some of us who go see a bunch of movies every year, and then there are people like Blankments who see a ton.

Blankments is providing a service to let people know how heavily played some movie trailers are. (It's one thing to see a number of views online, and it's another thing entirely to see how many times people who actually buy movie tickets may see a movie trailer.)

Though it's also Blank just keeping track of how many dang times he's been forced to watch the same trailer over and over again against his will.

You can find some oddball trailers online, but it's another thing entirely when you see a trailer actually in a movie theater but then the movie it was advertising never comes out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

43 minutes ago, kitik said:

- snip -

Thank You!

Just in case:

I am not criticising that, I am merely astonished by how to get the idea to count that.

But I can see the merit of it especially in connection to advertising effort discussions and such

1 hour ago, Cappoedameron said:

A  $200 M Dollar Budget making this much on OW is far from solid.

$180m weekend number without its biggest market even opening. Yeah pretty terrible!