Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

You really think the weather will play that big a role in its OW?

What are you predicting its OW will be if 1.5m could easily be taken off because of something like the weather?

Easily. This is the first hot weather of the year. No one will want to go to the cinema. That's if it holds up though...

I think the weather affecting the box office thing is a foreign concept in Australia since we, at least in Sydney, get pretty good weather throughout the year. I've never actually noticed it affect the box office.

I think the weather affecting the box office thing is a foreign concept in Australia since we, at least in Sydney, get pretty good weather throughout the year. I've never actually noticed it affect the box office.

Neither have I, at least not here.The most obvious I can recall is Avatars DOM OW - 2m drop from 1st to second weekend!?But I guess with the UK being freezing one day, and iceberg rivers the next, a day above 20 degrees must be god-like, aye? :P

You really think the weather will play that big a role in its OW?

What are you predicting its OW will be if 1.5m could easily be taken off because of something like the weather?

It was one of the contributing factors to Prince of Persia opening poorly back in 2010. The first sunny weekend of the summer is always a depressed weekend here. If it does stay nice, i'd say £4m would probably be the cap. Edited by Schumacher FTW

It was one of the contributing factors to Prince of Persia opening poorly back in 2010. The first sunny weekend of the summer is always a depressed weekend here. If it does stay nice, i'd say £4m would probably be the cap.

Yeah, it affected PoP, but StreetDance opened well... Edited by CJohn

It was one of the contributing factors to Prince of Persia opening poorly back in 2010. The first sunny weekend of the summer is always a depressed weekend here. If it does stay nice, i'd say £4m would probably be the cap.

Wow.. that's... low.

It's a big holiday weekend so it'll probably boost BO overall, but one or two days may be down...It;s 28 degrees today... And 30 degrees could be hit tomorrow. Hottest may day for 20 years. No ones going to the cinema.

Edited by Heretic

I think MIB3's boxoffice will be affected by the weather this week but I can see it having good legs given its the only family friendly film out for another month, Prometheus and Snow White should do well next well although Prometheus will edge due to it being 3D.

So where does everyone think Avengers will end up on the all-time UK box office chart? I'm hoping it can get to at least 52 million pounds (which should be good for #15 all-time, I believe). Pretty amazing considering superhero movies are a lot less popular in the UK than the US. Dark Knight "only" did 49.1 million by comparison.