Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Rogue One opened to £17.3m but that was 4 days. Fri-Sun was £13.2m, not as strong as FB.

It's possible, depending on how big Saturday was, that BatB could even top its 4-day. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Heretic said:

Okay so I've had a look around and BatB is doing insane business today.

I'm sure cineworld Crawley will be somewhere in the top 10 locations or even top 5. It's sold out all 2D shows until 10 o'clock this evening, and we're just approaching midday. Cineworld Basildon has sold out in 2D till 9pm. 

Will be be interesting to see which locations are top this weekend. Doubt BFI gets close even though it's basically sold out all weekend, but the usual suspects  i.e. Westfield London and probably Stratford should be there. Sheffield Cineworld probably will be too, it's sold out 10 shows already today.

Odeon Leicester Square might get number 1 spot, especially if it's coupled up with Cineworld Leicester Square opposite. 

OLS by itself easily #1 combined with CLS powerhouse , with BATB OLS is doing close 3 times  CLS

• Like 1

Yeah, daytime business is just as busy as yesterday. Nighttime business will be down, but I think we can safely assume it's going to have an exceptionally strong Sunday. Maybe £6m.

Cineworld Sheffield has 16 sellouts already, more than yesterday. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Olive said:

Any holidays coming up soon? what do you expect its legs to be?

Easter holidays are coming up in 2 weeks, and they are two weeks long, so BatB will get a big boost then. As for legs, I see no reason why it won't achieve at the very least a 3x multiplier, so minimum is probably mid 50s, although I can see it topping £60m quite easily.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

What is so surprising. isn't this a market which was always expected to explode. Question is will this be disney's biggest minus SW movies? Is that Toy Story 3?

It was expected to be huge. Not 2nd biggest Saturday of all time huge. 

And yes, TS3 is biggest non SW Disney with £74m. Will be difficult for BatB to top that.

Edited by Heretic