Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

It's a special circumstance. The Cineworld chain are doing every ticket for every movie in every format (minus VIP) for £3 per ticket. They're going to be packed as if it's opening day of No Way Home again

No I meant in general. Film is doing huge in Europe and pretty much ehh in Asia.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

No I meant in general. Film is doing huge in Europe and pretty much ehh in Asia.

Ohhhh. I think we just love a solid adventure movie. I'd expect good numbers from The Lost City.

Though I think Europe proportionally was more in to Uncharted than other territories for the games too. 

18 - 20 February 2022 - Screen Daily Numbers

1. Uncharted - £3,800,000 (-19.9%) / £12,200,000 / Week 2
2. Sing 2 - £3,200,000 (-1.4%) / £23,300,000 / Week 4
3. Death on the Nile - £1,300,000 (-29%) / £4,700,000 / Week 2
4. Dog - £822,123 / Week 1
5. Belfast - £756,381 (-27.8%) / £12,056,381+ / Week 5
6. Spider-Man: No Way Home - £639,000 (-4.5%) / £94,000,000 / Week 10
7. Jackass Forever - £585,000 (-41.5%) / £5,300,000 / Week 3
8. Marry Me - £336,443 (-52%) / £1,700,000 / Week 2
9. Encanto - £83,039 (-10%) / £7,600,000 / Week 13
10. Scream - £77,000 / £7,400,000 / Week 6

Other Notables

Moonfall - £75,840 / £2,000,000 / Week 3

Parallel Mothers - £71,634 / £1,100,000 / Week 4

Flee - £37,270 (+6,8%) / £133,512 / Week 2

Licorice Pizza - £30,286 / £2,400,000

Belle - £15,678 / £310,280 / Week 3

The Real Charlie Chaplin - £14,374 / £21,000 (inc. previews) / Week 1

Love, Sex and Pandemic - £1,004 / £69,222 / Week 2

The Book of Dust - La Belle Sauvage - £676 / £342,886 (inc. Thursday)

Edited by Mike Hunt
  • Like 2

Top 10 Openings of 2022

1. Sing 2 - £6,685,736 / 632 sites
2. Uncharted - £4,705,948 / 579 sites
3. Scream - £2,468,510 / 622 sites
4. Belfast - £2,203,113 / 704 sites
5. Jackass Forever - £2,091,017 / 537 sites
6. Death on the Nile - £1,898,357 / 710 sites
7. Moonfall - £1,018,496 / 543 sites

8. Dog - £822,123 / 478 sites
9. Marry Me - £685,479 / 505 sites
10. Licorice Pizza - £436,005 / 202 sites

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

18 - 20 February 2022 - Screen Daily Numbers

1. Uncharted - £3,800,000 (-19.9%) / £12,200,000 / Week 2
2. Sing 2 - £3,200,000 (-1.4%) / £23,300,000 / Week 4
3. Death on the Nile - £1,300,000 (-29%) / £4,700,000 / Week 2
4. Dog - £822,123 / Week 1
5. Belfast - £756,381 (-27.8%) / £11,300,000 / Week 5

I think there’s a mistake; Belfast was already at £11.3m last weekend. 

20 minutes ago, Bruce said:

What do we perdiction of Avatar 2 in UK?Beating SW7 All-time record possible if Avatar2 bring the new revolution of movie?£130-170m?

I mean anything is feasible in an unknown scenario, but I certainly wouldn’t predict that much. Thinking more like £60-75M.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

I mean anything is feasible in an unknown scenario, but I certainly wouldn’t predict that much. Thinking more like £60-75M.

I said if Avatar2 have a new revolution of the movie,not a normal condition.

If James Cameron let the cinema have a entire breand new experience just like Avatar 1 did,then we can perdict that much.

Edited by Bruce

1 hour ago, PenguinXXR said:

That’s what a lot of us were predicting for No Way Home and look what happened there. Avatar 2 could surprise, but it’ll be hard to do without the novelty of 3D. 

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I can't see any scenario where Avatar 2 beats Force Awakens, that's the top end for any movie in the next 10 years at least. But it can certainly approach the first Avatar film if its well received for sure. 

The Brand new Cinema experience(The revolution of movie industry)>>>>>>>Any nostalgia in the world.

It's the same theory of:

"Science and technology is far more important to human being than any other industry,Albert Einstien's contribute to the human is far bigger than Mozart and Van Gogh."

No matter what,the new technology is more important than anything.

Same to the movie,Avatar is symbol of new science and technology.

Not everybody have nostalgia,but everybody can feel the brand new experience of cinema.

The premise of all these things is that Avatar 2 really can bring the new revolution of the movie.

Edited by Bruce

This thread people underestimate the attractive of new tech to the people,why Avatar 1 succeed?Because Avatar bring the new revolution of movie,let the entire world know what 3D IMAX is,break 3D IMAX record in every country in this world,if Avatar 1 is 2D movie,I don't even think Avatar 1 even can make $500m.

Just imagine if Avatar 2 really have the new tech to the movie industry,and change the entire world's cinema,Then everything could happened.

That's the have nothing to do with Avatar's IP,It's just the power of science and technology.

Imagine in the future,a great movie come to this world,this movie can let you have the same experience of VR in the sci-fi movie,let you think you just enter the real world,every sense in that world fell is same like in the real world(For example,the movie Ready Player one's Oasis),then this movie can gross $10B,I'm not joking.That's how powerful science are.

Edited by Bruce

12 minutes ago, Bruce said:

The Brand new Cinema experience(The revolution of movie industry)>>>>>>>Any nostalgia in the world.

It's the same theory of:

"Science and technology is far more important to human being than any other industry,Albert Einstien's contribute to the human is far bigger than Mozart and Van Gogh."

No matter what,the new technology is more important than anything.

Same to the movie,Avatar is symbol of new science and technology.

Not everybody have nostalgia,but everybody can feel the brand new experience of cinema.

The premise of all these things is that Avatar 2 really can bring the new revolution of the movie.

If there's any new cinema technology coming for Avatar 2, it's not going to be widely available enough to make a difference. 3D was already in existence by the time Avatar came out, and most cinemas already had at least one 3D screen by then. What is there that could possibly bring audiences back in from a technical stand point? Super 3D?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

If there's any new cinema technology coming for Avatar 2, it's not going to be widely available enough to make a difference. 3D was already in existence by the time Avatar came out, and most cinemas already had at least one 3D screen by then. What is there that could possibly bring audiences back in from a technical stand point? Super 3D?

I don't know what new tech can Avatar 2 bring

That's how the magic exist,That's why I am looking forward to Avatar 2.

James Cameron always make miracle,you never know what surprise he bring next.

I believe one day James Cameron can let the movie bring us to another world,the all experience in that world are same to the real world.

That's the most important thing to the movie industry,That's how we keep the cinema still exist.The Totally different experience is the reason why we going to cinema to watch the movie.

Edited by Bruce

Just now, Bruce said:

I don't know what new tech can Avatar 2 bring

That's how the magic exist,That's why I am looking forward to Avatar 2.

James Cameron always make miracle,you never know what's next surprise he bring next.

I believe one day James Cameron can let the movie bring us to another world,the all experience in that world are same to the real world.

That's the most important thing to the movie industry,That's how we keep the cinema still exist.The Totally different experience is the reason why we going to cinema to watch the movie.

That's not a selling point. Underwater motion capture doesn't mean anything to the general public. 3D is something they understand though. Unless there's a miracle breakthrough for 3D without glasses on a mass market level within the next 6 months, there's no real technological basis that will have any effect on the gross of this movie. It'll be nostalgia, the quality of the film and if they can convince people to go back to 3D as a one off.