Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

It's ridiculously hot, people are compalining that it's baking inside the cinema only to realise that it's even worse outside. Surreal weather. Films are dropping from yesterday, only TDKR seem to do decent business due to IMAX. It's getting worse for Expendables as it might drop one position to Batman, it's sitting 5th currently. Bourne is doing slighly better than Ted, Brave is keeping the top spot.

Public transport really need to get air conditioning. It's actually ridiculous and absolutely disgusting. I was on a bus today and I was stuck to the chair.That's horrendous for TE2. Looks like it's flopping here too. Same as the US.

It's getting worse for Expendables as it might drop one position to Batman, it's sitting 5th currently. Bourne is doing slighly better than Ted, Brave is keeping the top spot.

Wow, Expendables 2 is doing really bad, if it finishes the weekend in 5th place that would be a big flop. Even 4th would be terrible. Doubt the WOM will be good enough for a big upsurge next week and weekend for it unless it pulls a 'MIB3' (similar weather), which I highly doubt.

Public transport really need to get air conditioning. It's actually ridiculous and absolutely disgusting. I was on a bus today and I was stuck to the chair.

Would not be worth spending all the £££ on A/C for public transport when it is only needed like 15 days a year maximum. They should spend the money on making the Tube better!

Wow, Expendables 2 is doing really bad, if it finishes the weekend in 5th place that would be a big flop. Even 4th would be terrible. Doubt the WOM will be good enough for a big upsurge next week and weekend for it unless it pulls a 'MIB3' (similar weather), which I highly doubt.Would not be worth spending all the £££ on A/C for public transport when it is only needed like 15 days a year maximum. They should spend the money on making the Tube better!

I dunno, the tube seems hot even in the winter and trains and buses are always hot during the summer months, especially during rush hour etc. It would be great to have some A/C. Obviously, it's not that simple, but sometimes it's just so unbearable.

Films were largly down on Sat or roughly on par,Fri-Sat Brave easy #1 sould be close to lc1.8m, 2/3 Ted & BL (BL be #1 for weekend with previews) both be just over lc1.4m, very close also Exp2& TDKR very close to each other at 4/5 around 1m, tDKR only off about 34%

• Like 1

TDKR continues to impress, despite everything.

I am guessing this is partly due to pre-booked IMAX tickets in some cinemas and at the BFI Imax and people wanting to see it in IMAX before it goes.And of course the fact that is a great film having an amazing and deserved BO run! Edited by JCS

London feels like a tropical island today. It's overcast, but disgustingly humid, and it looks like a big thunderstorm is about to break out.The weather is cooling down from tomorrow, so the BO should return to normal after weeks of disruptions.

Films were largly down on Sat or roughly on par,Fri-Sat Brave easy #1 sould be close to lc1.8m, 2/3 Ted & BL (BL be #1 for weekend with previews) both be just over lc1.4m, very close also Exp2& TDKR very close to each other at 4/5 around 1m, tDKR only off about 34%

any news on The Wedding Video?