Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Back to normal.

Yes indeed. NO weather excuses this week if the BO is bad again, just poor films.

The exchange rate has increased quite significalty in the past week, which is great news.TDK should will get past $90m this weekend (over TDK in $ too), and possibly get above $92m in total. Incredible.

:DTDKR, the gift that just keeps giving (at the UK box-office).

Not a great weekend then if #1 film is around £1.35M...damn September.

There isn't a strong slate of films, last year there was Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy which managed to be a modest success, there isn't really anything until Resident Evil and The Campaign at the end of the month. October will definetly make up for a weak September.I've noticed Madagascar has previews before its official release which will bump it'll OW. It'll be a strong half term with Madagascar, Hotel Transylvania, Frankenweenie, Skyfall, Paranormal Activity 4 and also smaller releases like Fun Size.

anyone got a top 10 yet?

Friday 14 - Sunday 16 September   Weekend total Cumulative total
1 The Sweeney (eOne) £1,545,294 £1,545,294
2 ParaNorman (Universal) £1,393,123 £1,393,123
3 Anna Karenina (Universal) £813,395 £2,731,426
4 Lawless (Momentum) £790,378 £2,575,336
5 Dredd (Entertainment) £769,381 £2,725,180
6 Hope Springs (Momentum) £728,689 £728,689
7 Brave (Walt Disney) £584,321 £20,138,592
8 Total Recall (Sony) £472,232 £4,981,739
9 The Possession (Lionsgate) £346,642 £2,856,003
10 Ted (Universal) £317,035 £29,847,210  

That's something like a 30% drop for Dredd, pretty awesome.

Edited by lab276

Untouchable is release this week. Quite interested to see how it'll perform. Obviously, nowhere near how it has in other European countries, however.Perks of Being a Wallflower is out too. I imagine it'll be a fairly limited run at the moment though.Skyfall tickets are on advance sale now. Going by the previous Bonds, this should be good for a £15m opening and £50m+ total. IMAX ticket sales are already looking very good.

Yeah a good weekend for holdovers and pretty decent for the openers.Very nice for Brave, should get to at least £22m, which is almost $36m.Fantastic for Ted yet again, almost past £30m now. Should end around £31m ($50.4m)

LMAO Ted is a beast.

Wonder if Paranorman actually beat The Sweeney Fri-Sun as Sweeney had two days of previews. PR tanked but it had no promotion, Hope Springs did badly as well. Anna Karenina, Lawless and Dredd all had good drops especially AK.Skyfall will be a beast, Bond always does quite well and the 4 year gap means there is some demand. I wouldn't be surprised if it dominates until BD part II comes out.

Untouchable's DOA here i'm afraid. With the majority of Cineworld schedules updating now, it's getting a total of FUCK ALL screens!!

I imagine it'll get a limited release then expand if it proves popular. It's pretty difficult for foreign films to get a look in as it's sadly a limited audience.