Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I doubt it was low, there's a limit to how much you make if you sell them all out. It probably didn't help having a bloody opera screening on saturday evening.

Of course the BFI Imax did not have a low gross but it is rather far down in the charts of top cinemas for Skyfall!It is like OLS with few shows but a huge screen.They had an opera show on Saturday evening!?! Daft planning and that probably lost BFI Imax a lot of gross!

Cinemas do schedule things like opera but it usually scheduled well in advance and because its live, it can't be rescheduled or cancelled for a film. It does do well, IIRC Phantom of the Opera at the Albert Hall did £700,000 and that was only released on one day.

I doubt it cost them much, mainly as the tickets start at £25 for those shows I think.

It dented Skyfall's gross though. :(

It does do well, IIRC Phantom of the Opera at the Albert Hall did £700,000 and that was only released on one day.

Wow! But the Albert Hall is massive.

So saw Skyfall AGAIN today, even better 2nd time around!Also the cinema I went to see it at said they broke their all-time admissions record today with Skyfall with well over 10,000 tickets sold today. Tuesday will be another huge gross!On that note, any Tuesday numbers?