Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

The Amazing Spiderman 2 is opening on Wednesday 16th now instead of Friday. Very sudden change so close to release...Still, it's during the holidays, and OD is orange Wednesday + Easter weekend + bank holiday Monday which should equal a massive opening.

Very last minute as the posters  and ads are already out with the original date, the last film had a six day opening although the first day was evening performances only so I think the five day opening of TASM2 might match the first film or a small increase. 

Is midweek the new time to open films- from The quiet ones opening until June 6th, there is a film opening midweek every single week10th- the quiet ones16th- the amazing Spider-Man 223rd- the other woman30th- Pompeii and plastic (which has been moved forward two days)7th- Sabotage15th- Godzilla22nd- X-Men: Days Of Future Past28th- Maleficent

Mid week opening work for some films but not others as it means the OW will be weakened, Maleficent is taking advantage of half term as is X-Men Days of Future Past but both The Wolverine and X-Men First Class had mid week openings so it's not new. 

Interesting that Guardians of the Galaxy isn't open a week early or even a mid week opening, I guess July is pretty packed with Dragon 2, Transformers, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Jupiter Ascending. 

Well im just going to wait an extra two days to see TASM2 on the 18th April, cant be bothered to change my plans to go two days earlier.In my two week half term starting today- im seeing captain America 2 on Friday, khumba and Spider-Man next week and NOAH and the other woman the week after. Also seeing rio 2 next week or the week afterAprils a pretty good month for cinema

Frozen is still going! 10% drop and still above $100k in its 18th week. I've noticed it's getting a lot of kids cheap showings over the holidays which should give it another boost. Crazy how long it's stayed.

• Like 2