Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

What movies do you think the new Star Wars trailer will play in front of? Mockingjay? I know the second teaser for some reason is attached to Bridge of Spies but DAAAARN I want to see the new one in the cinema. 

I reckon Spectre or Mockingjay.

Westfield have already added so many showtimes in the early hours of the 17th. 11 midnight shows and shows thereafter all the way to the morning. Pre-sales already look way stronger than Spectre (which isn't selling lightly), and that comes out on Monday! Unprecedented.

Not that it's a surprise, but BFI have also sold out virtually all shows up until New Years, bar the ones at 3/4/5am etc, and some of them are close to selling out.

Edited by Heretic

Westfield have already added so many showtimes in the early hours of the 17th. 11 midnight shows and shows thereafter all the way to the morning. Pre-sales already look way stronger than Spectre (which isn't selling lightly), and that comes out on Monday! Unprecedented.

Not that it's a surprise, but BFI have also sold out virtually all shows up until New Years, bar the ones at 3/4/5am etc, and some of them are close to selling out.

Not bothering with the BFI for this, but definitely tempted to go to empire laser for it after a week or too.

I've already booked both, just because... I'll probably end up booking Empire Laser a few more times as well, as well as frequent lie-max viewings along the way. Goodbye money.

Edited by Dan9

Anyone else noticed that Dad's Army has randomly started booking today? That's absurdly early for a film that might not make £10m!

It looks okay but i doubt it's a film that going to have high presales. I imagine BvS will be the next big film to have high presales although obviously not on the scale of Star Wars and Spectre