Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, darthdevidem01 said:

LOL @ spectre still being number 1 due to 7 day opening! 

Can't wait to see monday number!!

Actually, Spectre's figure are for its 6 days opening, plus one evening from somewhere around 8pm? on Monday when the film had its premiere. ;)

I agree that the film BO market, is confusing, as we saw this weekend when the previews figures for SW on Thursday were added to the Fridays take, to give a massively over inflated figure as to what the real figure attained by the film actually was on that Friday...........but that's the film business for you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Mon looking low end of 6m

:wub:

And we were expecting it to be in the 4's! So we could be past £40m ($59.6m) already. 

Also would love to see a list of the top theater/cinema engagements from the weekend if it's available? 

Edited by Dan9

all TPA
1-Odeon Leicester Square
combine with Empire WestE mega
2-Vue Westfield London
3-NAC Bluewater
4-CW Crawley
5-CW Sheffield
6-Imax southbank
7-Odeon Manchester
8-Empire West End
9-Vue Stratford
10-Odeon Kingston

Edited by Rth
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Good lord, is that a sub-30% drop?

Yep, looks like we're looking at drop somewhere between 27-30%, after only a 2% drop on Sunday. :) 

5 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

rth probably could provide that, I could work it out, but only have clear list of my cinema chain. Guessing OLS is on top.

Probably, the rest of the list will be very interesting though, some of the top-end multiplexes had an absolutely absurd amount of showtimes! Hoping Vue Westfield represents. 

• Like 1

Talk of the God :lol: 

Yay for Westfield! Amazing that Southbank IMAX was only 6th despite having screenings at times like 3/6am, all of which were sold out! Shows how rammed it was. 

Now I can go to bed. IMAX Laser tomorrow! 

Edited by Dan9
  • Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎23‎:‎17‎:‎21, James said:

Not that record. And it's not really a technicality. When we talk about 3-day weekends we talk Fri-Sun. It's like that in all markets, not only in the UK. It's general BO knowledge. Disneys fault it didnt open on Fri.

I think Disney would rather an extra days worth of money than a poxy record.

Is £6m or whatever the final number was a record Monday? Can't think of another movie that's reached that. If so that would mean it's taken the daily records of Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday... 

Edited by Dan9