Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Revenant looks way busier than Creed, some cinemas have made a mistake by giving their biggest screen to that. Shows aren't meeting demad for Revenant tonight, they look full up already, which probably mean added showtimes next weekend. 

I think it'll shape up something like: 

Revenant: £4m

SW: £3.5m

Creed: £2.5m 

4 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Revenant clearly wins Friday. Details later, but defo over £1m. SW and Creed battling it out for 2nd, below The Revenant combined. H8 suffers heavy drop as expected. Room starts with great PTA, expecting a decent run riding the awards buzz around it.

The third week of January does work for Leo films, will be interesting if The Revenant get close to Wolf of Wall Street's OW. 

Very good for the Revenant. It has somehow got the two biggest screens at my closest cinema tonight, after one of them belonged to Creed yesterday. 7pm show has also been added. I think cinemas definitely misjudged this and over-predicted Creed.

Won't be surprised to see The Revenant get close to £2m today. Day business looks strong for an adult skewing film. 

Exchange rate has plummeted this week. 1.42 now, wouldn't surprise me if it falls below 1.4 soon, which would be the lowest since the early 2000s. Doesn't bode well for films this year. Doubt we'll see any hit the $100m mark, which now requires £70m. 

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Exchange rate has plummeted this week. 1.42 now, wouldn't surprise me if it falls below 1.4 soon, which would be the lowest since the early 2000s. Doesn't bode well for films this year. Doubt we'll see any hit the $100m mark, which now requires £70m. 

Think Fantastic Beasts has potential to hit £70m this year. Possibly Rogue One depending on how it's marketed and received.