Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Looks like it's doing really well, it looks way busier than BvS around my area, it should have a good hold this weekend, but the weekdays is where it's getting a big boost. Weather is really nice this weekend though, at least in London and the South, the first proper spring warmth, so that might affect business a bit. Streets and outdoor places are heaving.

Edited by Heretic

There is still one more week of holidays, BvS will be at £30m by Tuesday or Wednesday. £40m might be tricky since it'll be at £33-35m by next Sunday assuming it has a 50% drop next weekend. The Huntsman likely will make a dent as well.

Zootropolis is already higher than KFP3 with £12.6m, with another good drop and strong weekdays, it'll be over £20m, The Jungle Book might dent it but I think the two can co-exist.

The Jungle Book is gonna be huge here. There's a lot of hype, it wouldn't surprise me to see it open to £7-8m, and top £30m, especially with the reviews it's receiving.

Edited by Heretic

15 minutes ago, Heretic said:

The Jungle Book is gonna be huge here. There's a lot of hype, it wouldn't surprise me to see it open to £7-8m, and top £30m, especially with the reviews it's receiving.

£7-8m might be tricky, i think £5-6m is doable though even though the last film to crack that was Maleficent and that had previews and half term, I think it's a shame they couldn't release it earlier to take benefit of holidays. 

10 hours ago, DeeCee said:

It'll end up around two thirds of Deadpool here.  

No, it's making way more than that. Two thirds of Deadpool would be £25.3m, and it's at £24.6m already!

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you meant UK!

Edited by m3racer123

WARNER BROS

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice retained its lead at the UK box office despite a hefty week-on-week drop.

Warner Bros’ superhero brawl fought to a further $6.6m (£4.66m) for $39.5m (£27.83m) after ten days in play. That’s a drop of almost 70% on its record-breaking opening, despite only one other major release this weekend.

For comparison, Man Of Steel fell 56% in its second weekend, Avengers: Age Of Ultron fell 52% and Avengersfell 49%. Batman v Superman will hope to arrest the slump as otherwise it could struggle to match this year’s biggest superhero film to date Deadpool, currently at $53.4m (£37.62m).

One thing in Batman v Superman’s favour is that there’s still another week of school holidays, meaning midweek numbers should be solid. It will hope to have passed Man Of Steel’s $42.6m (£30m) result by the end of this week.

DISNEY

Zootropolis fell a slim 24% (excluding previews) in its second weekend as it dropped to third.

Disney’s animation hopped to a further $3.8m (£2.7m) to stand at $17.9m (£12.6m), after adding more than $6.4m (£4.5m) from its first Mon-Thurs. It’s already surpassedKung Fu Panda 3 in the battle of the Easter family offerings.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/batman-v-superman-retains-uk-lead-despite-hefty-drop/5102216.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS-HEADLINES&contentID=44435

• Like 2

BvS should be at around £34m by the end of the holidays this weekend, could finish within £1m (+-) of Deadpool. £40m is not completely gone, I'd give it a 30% chance.

Nice weekdays for Zootropolis, should be around £18m by the end of the holidays on its way to £25m. Needs around £28m for $40m. With the Jungle Book arriving soon, it may be difficult, but it's not impossible.

• Like 2