Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

What do you think it will finish with?  I don;t see how it comes close to Minions.  It's not in the same league as that film, internationally at least.  

Domestically I think it can finish with 330-350 and internationally I think it can do 450-500.  A nice 800 million finish would be quite nice.

Lol yeah that's bad. 

And as for Pets, it is doing extremely well so far, it hasn't dropped over 25% yet going into its fourth weekend. If it weren't for Dory, it would have made a run for £40m. Still £35m would be a great result, and one of the highest ever for an original animation. 

• Like 3

Wait Ghostbusters behind ahead of Tarzan and Now You See Me 2 on their first Monday's is bad. After they opened with £3m+?

Abdolutely Fabulous is very big on weekdays. So for Ghostbusters to be #2 on Monday and #3 with not much in it between 2,3 and 4, isn't "terrible". 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Wait Ghostbusters behind ahead of Tarzan and Now You See Me 2 on their first Monday's is bad. After they opened with £3m+?

Abdolutely Fabulous is very big on weekdays. So for Ghostbusters to be #2 on Monday and #3 with not much in it between 2,3 and 4, isn't "terrible". 

NYSM2 not even reaching £3m after 7 days is LAUGHABLY bad. And Tarzan opened on Wednesday. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rth said:

Tues rank looking to be  AF, LOT,GB,SLOP(LOT,GB,SLOP not much between them),NYSM2

The marketing has been awful. I've seen far more marketing for every other movie on release than GB. Not surprised it's tanking, at all. 

Well schools are off from next week...so it might have legs if WOM is good.

• Like 1

On 13 July 2016 at 9:24 AM, theultimatebiu said:

The marketing has been awful. I've seen far more marketing for every other movie on release than GB. Not surprised it's tanking, at all. 

Well schools are off from next week...so it might have legs if WOM is good.

This is the Uk, schools stopped 30th June. 

1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

WEDNESDAY: 1-ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS 2-GHOSTBUSTERS 3-THE LEGEND OF TARZAN 4-THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS 5-NOW YOU SEE ME 2

That's quite encouraging, Absolutely Fabulous did £3.6m Mon-Thu last week. 

Edited by Krissykins

10 hours ago, Nova said:

Well at least Ghostbusters was able to somewhat recover. Although I'm interested to see what the actual numbers are when they come in. 

:) the diff bet 2-3 is like less than 10k

Thu order looking AF, GB,LOT, SLOP,NYSM2  

Bet 2-4 be about 40k diff, AF way above everything, so wkend will be interesting

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Rth said:

Bet 2-4 be about 40k diff, AF way above everything, so wkend will be interesting

Thanks for this! You're the best!! That's really really close. Interesting weekend ahead for sure! :)

1 hour ago, Rth said:

Won't SLOP be number 1 again because it's more of a weekend title? Tarzan managed to get to number 2 last week ahead of Ab Fab so I assume Ghostbusters will be the same but it'll be number 1 cos of previews. I reckon it'll be SLOP, Ghostbusters, Ice Age, Ab Fab and Tarzan for Fri-Sun but Ghostbusters, Ice Age, SLOP, Ab Fab and Tarzan with previews added in. 

Edited by Jonwo

Looks like Pets may take the weekend again, 4th time in a row.

One thing to note, the weather is turning much warmer this weekend and next week, the hottest of the year so far, which may impact on BO. We've had an absolutely awful summer so far.